1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Anyone tried the Alphacool one-piece block for 6800/7800 yet ??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hans Voralberg, 1 Nov 2005.

1. Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg What's a Dremel?

2. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

This picture looks to me like the block isn't cooling the MOSFETS nor the rear memory chips. You could always use the stock heatsink and backplate for those; I assume that they are compatible...

3. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

the only block to my knowledge that covers it all and the mosfets , is the aquagfx 7800, if not i use the innovatek minicooler that is designed to cool the mosfets seperatly.

4. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

The Alphacool one doesn't cover the fets. Even the blocks that do cover them don't actively cool them as there is no water path over that section inside the block. I suppose it's better than nothing if you have no airflow on the card. The only way to get an active water path would be 'mini-coolers'.

5. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

here are the micro coolers fitting on my gtx,

[​IMG]

they work quite well :), alphacool make similar ones, but have a realy bad mounting system :( so i went for the innovatek ones,

6. Hans Voralberg

Cool, thx for help guys. Where can i buy innovatek block in the uk ?

7. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

8. Hans Voralberg

Do u have to pay tax for wc stuff from germany ? Also how bad is the mounting on alphacool ? I think alphacool and innovatek use the same tubing rite ? 8/10mm ?

9. nigely

nigely What's a Dremel?

the alphacool one is completely flat, how does it cool the core and the memory at the same time?

10. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

HighspeedPC.com is the official US distro for Innovatek. I use them all the time and haven't had any problems. FrozenCPU.com also has Innovatek at similar prices and they seem to order more stuff more often. Between the two you're pretty much covered, except that they don't tend to get in the latest stuff so you have to special order.

If you order from Germany, you don't have to pay VAT, but the shipping is usually the deal killer.

Both the Innovatek and Alphacool use 1/4" BSPP threads, so you can use whatever tubing you want as they make adaptors for everything, including 1/2" ID. Stock is usually 8/10 or 6/8.

Tags: