1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Anything like an online Haynes manual?

Discussion in 'General' started by :: kna ::, 8 Nov 2005.

1. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

I'm trying to find out specs of my car (like what size Brake Discs it takes, etc) and whilst you can bang in your car in most places and it'll tell you, often it's tricky to correllate the info from one site to take to another to buy something else.

i.e. Euro car parts tells me my discs are 266mm and nothing else, and they just sell standard discs. However if I go to another site that sells say, vented discs and my car isn't listed, how do I know all the other specs of the discs to compare as more than one is 266mm with differing additional info.

There must be something online where you can stick your car details in and it'll tell you what pads you need or what bulbs it takes, your tyre pressures etc... I just can't find it!

tia

2. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

3. :: kna ::

306 HDi 2.0 ... not listed :waah:

4. brianpodskalny

brianpodskalny ladies night!

i have access to full versions of ALLDATA and MITCHELL in class, and i looked, but not anything close to european cars in there.

i tried!

i did find something for my honda on the manafacturer's website. dunno if thats of any use to you, but sifting through alotta crap on the internet pays off sometimes.

5. GreatOldOne

You could try asking these guys:

http://www.clubpeugeotuk.org/

They're the official Peugeot owners club, and they seem to have an extensive offline library available for hire.

Failing that, bite the bullet and get the haynes manual for it... Depending on the year of the car, there seems to be a shed load of second hand ones on fleabay:

Peugeot + Haynes + 306

6. GreatOldOne

Hang on - Can't you ring up Peugeot and ask? :idea:;)

7. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

cant you just measure them?? :/

8. :: kna ::

I have Haynes manual, but I was on at work and waiting to click on 'buy' :) (Ironically though it doesn't tell you in there either)

As for just measuring them, I would have to take the wheel off to do that surely and I do *not* touch anything on a car which doesn't have a little picture on it telling me what to do :D

9. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Seriously?

You really should try taking a wheel off dude. You'll be glad of the experience when you have to change a flat on the hard shoulder of the A1 or something.

10. :: kna ::

Well, I'm not totally incapable.. I know how to take a wheel off, I even changed my own bulbs :D But i'm not taking a wheel off to look at a brake disc, I should be able to find this online is the point I'm making.

Tags: