1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Anyway to activate MW2 without Steam?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-23315, 10 Nov 2009.

1. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

Hmm maybe amazon has ordered non UK disks ?

Do your disks have BBFC 18 images on the disk ? and part codes (bottom of all the blurb) of 3333710100/200 ?

Could be USA sourced disks, and the games not out there till tomorrow, or something ?

Keir, try my above steps, you sound like your on the stage i was at

Anyway, im offski for a game, ill check back later, hope you all get it installed eventually

Last edited by a moderator: 10 Nov 2009
  2. thetobbit

thetobbit What's a Dremel?

f**k stupid iw, still no luck simon followed ur instructions but when it came up autorun it only said install, clicked that and got the same feckin "not released yet" error

its pissing me off cause i have 2 friends on steam at this moment, 1 in norway and 1 in switzerland and they are both playing fine. surely living in the uk gives me some advantage with releases, being closer to america

oh and my disk has code : 3333720200 iof that helps

Last edited by a moderator: 10 Nov 2009
  3. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

GRRRR, multiplayer will fire up fine, but single player wont !

4. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

lol a bit backwards?

5. recoil-jay

recoil-jay Guest

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

Last edited by a moderator: 21 Jan 2016
  6. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

WOOHOO, im in... verified the local files on my PC, it said was one screwed, 2 mins to download, and im in... SCREW YOU GUYS, IM GUNNA GO SHOOT SOME YANKEES (to remove my stress) :p

7. thetobbit

yeh, my doing this they are allowing the pirates to win by stopping decent buyers from playing the damn game. lol i went to the steam forums with this problem, people were pissed so a steam admin posted a message saying try this, then locked the f**kin thread, and guess what it doesnt actually work

8. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Jay, exit the proccess tree of Steam in the Task manager, then start up Disc one again, click install / reinstall.

It will eventually load steam and then ask you if you want a shortcut etc. but continue and then it will start to install via the DVD :)

[​IMG]

wtf with the install time though!

9. thetobbit

keir u lucky git lol tryed that and stil the damn error. mm i hate my life lol

10. recoil-jay

recoil-jay Guest

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

11. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

elaborate on "fags about" lol

12. recoil-jay

recoil-jay Guest

13. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

Does anyone know if you have to have internet every time you play it? Or can you use offline mode?

Otherwise that would stop me from getting it as again don't have steam at school though can sometimes bypass it for short periods....

14. Motoko

Motoko What's a Dremel?

i think you need to be connected when u install it

15. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

16. recoil-jay

recoil-jay Guest

17. recoil-jay

recoil-jay Guest

18. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

This is just to good.

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Huh? Whats that IW? Oh, yes, I do indeed have a legit running copy of MW2 with no traces of Steam in sight.

Anti-piracy my ass.

20. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Well you should be able to play now anyway.

No idea why yours didn't work with what I did Jay.