1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Aol and routers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by richman, 13 Sep 2004.

1. richman

richman What's a Dremel?

Does aol support routers if anyone knows of a good router pls let me know and i will ask around if sol supports it. If you have aol and a router please let me know which one and how good it is.

Richman

2. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

56k? nope

what you can do is have the internet on one computer and then bridge the connection to the LAN.

3. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Arrsholes Online does support Routers. AOL will not give you tech support for routers, they will only give you tech support if you purchase there platinum service or what ever is the most expensive one at the time.

I have AOL 1MB and I use a netgear DG834 4port router which has a built in ADSL modem and Firewall.

It works great and you can completly remove or not bother installing AOLs crap software and web browser.

There software is crap and ****s up my system to no ends.

You setup the router with your aol login and user name and the router conects you just like that and will reconect if the line is dropped. You dont need to have to click connect no more.

You just plug your ethernet cable into the router and you have a instant conection. Just open your web browser eg IE and away you go.

You then box up your free AOL modem and all the crap that came with it including AOL 9.0 and chuck it into the big black hole at the bottom of your wardrobe and let it rot untile you cancel your subscription and have to give the modem back unless you do a runner with it like I did with my cable modem from Telewest blueyonder :)

That modem is used as target practise with my MP5 electric BB gun.

4. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

yes i do know a reuter u can use but you have to buy it from AOL themselves its the Thomson wireless reuter it has a model number but i cant remember it u have to buy it from them which is very annoying i hope that helps.

5. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

My friends used AOL with a Netgear Wireless router and they had no end of problems.

6. ChegsJAR

ChegsJAR What's a Dremel?

why are you with AOL?

Tags: