1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apevia X-QPack

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 12 Dec 2006.

1. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

To be honest, the Qpack wasn't my first choice. I wanted a Lanfire to replace my Xaser but they've since been discontinued. I bought the Qpack because it wasn't just another custom fascia on a rectangular box. It was either that or a Shuttle.

2. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

I totally agree on the PSU bit but the only aspect of a case that affects how your system performs is airflow. Beyond that the design of the case sets some limits on what can fit inside but after that it's all aesthetics: looks, sound, ease of use... Frankly the components have no clue as to what kind of case they are in. I've built many systems with m-atx boards and would say that very very few, if any, m-atx boards qualify as high end stuff and very few of them come close to the overclocking options of full size atx boards. Additionally most SFF systems tend to stay unaltered longer so some of the considerations of a full size system matter less.

I've built a system (e6300, Asus P5LD2-VM, EVGA 7600GT) in this case (all black, no windows, no lights in the fans) and it's just as fast and stable as if it was in a CM-830 Stacker or sitting on my desk without a case. I was going to use a better power supply but the included one has caused no problems and this machine is destined to be an HTPC anyway.

My point is that not everyone is out to make the most 133t 94m3r system ever and for some people this case is quite adequate if it comes at a reasonable price.

Tags: Add Tags