1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Apple G5 to PC Conversion @ Overclockers.com (UPDATE 1st Feb)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Atomic, 28 Jan 2004.

1. Altron

Altron Minimodder

All I can say is :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

2. Melov

Melov What's a Dremel?

Macs suck.

3. johnwilliams474

johnwilliams474 Banned

i agree its all about pcs before you start making all you comets about pc

oh macs are better and all that other crap ive used a mac one time one of the newer ones right out of the box it keeped on freezing up

yeah alot of pcs freez up but to be honest the last an only computerr i had freeze up on me was an old 486 running at 33mhz witch was about 7 years ago sence then i have had about 10 pcs (and still have most of them)
    that have never locked up and i have done some intence stuff on them

hint of advice
    if your pc ever locks up get some more ram and make shure all your drivers are updated and if you use windows and it keeps locking up use linux
    much faster

correct me if im wrong the whole thing with a mac is that its easy to use
    if thats the case a simple pc running windows xp is easyer

macs also cost more

4. Melov

Melov What's a Dremel?

I had to use a Imac(brand new) for 2 years in middle school. There were so many problems. They were cheaply made and they crashed when you pressed 5 keys at a time. We used to have competitions to see who could crash theirs the most before class was over.

5. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

Whoa that would be rad.. the G5 case is huge

6. Altron

Altron Minimodder

It's a matter of use. For someone like you (applying to most of the people who complained about macs) a PC is a better choice. That doesn't apply to everyone. There's no universal computer that's good for everyone. Everyone is different, and thus everyone needs a different PC. For the G5 user, a PC with XP is crap. For an XP user, G5 is crap.

But either way, AppleTalk sucks. Said stuff doesn't apply to AppleTalk. AppleTalk is pure crap. Whoever likes AppleTalk is an idiot. AppleTalk and it's "zones" can both go to hell.

7. TMM

TMM Modder

hahah i can get an iMac for $50AUD (~$30US) :hehe: they are so cheap (the actual computer and the price LMAO :lol: )

anyways. As much as i totally HATE MACINTOSH!, i think you'd have to be an idiot to do that. If you really wanted to do that. sell the G5, and then buy a G5 case seperatly.
    then you'd have $$$ left over :)

that guys is an idiot. and maybe it wouldn't be AS bad if he replaced it with a 3.2ghz comp (still very bad). but idiotic to have a 2200xp instead of a G5 :hehe:

8. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

9. Altron

Altron Minimodder

[​IMG]

10. The Bodger

The Bodger What's a Dremel?

Either the guy's trying to back out so that Mac lovers will stop mailing him death threats, or we've all been had by a practical joker. I sincerely hope that its the latter.

If it is.... :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

11. Crazith

Crazith What's a Dremel?

confusion here

<rant>

I would like to say to all the people dissing macs that there are poeple in this thread that stated that they would use a mac and that not only was it mac people that e-mailed the guy it was also pc users disgusted with the fact that he gutted a computer that is worth $3000 USD, yes i know he was joking, but still I was born ad raised on a Mac but i also use pc's ad they are not the the pieces of crap that everybody thiks they are.

Now if you havn't used a Mac for a couple months then you have no right to dis and/or rip apart the OS.

</rant>

edit:

<Begin rant again>

And another thig not all Mac users are fanatics that what really sets me off is everybody thinks that we Mac users are obssesive little ******. I thik people need help in understanding other systems

</rant> won't post in this thread ever again

12. steelydoubt

steelydoubt What's a Dremel?

well i dont use macs (even tho i have two really old ones) i still would use one if i was given one. or i would give it to my film maker friend. i told my friends about this (none of them use macs) and most were disguested.

i would really like to try os x and the g5 even if my past experence with most macs were less than fantastic.

13. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

Lol, that 'mod' sucks. It looks pants.

If he'd kept the same kinda look on the inside (which is lovely, I saw my first G5 in selfridges in Manchester on saturday, spooge) but had a PC running underneath it would have been impressive. But to just stick a very average looking motherboard in there, and the (LOL) amazing modding prowess of a fully visible cold cathode tube... bwahaha.

If you read the thing you'll realise he didn't actually throw away a dual G5, he got an empty shell. So it was just a little bit of fun to shove the athlon in.

But he could have done a really good job of it, rather than just a pissy "joke" effort. For shame.. if I got a free G5 shell I'd sure as hell do it properly.

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I agree. There are SO MANY ways in which you could put a decent size dual CPU mobo (Xeons, anyone?) in there and pretty much leave the whole case structure untouched... I could make it look as good as the G5 innards, trust me. If not a waste of a G5, a waste of a G5 case for sure... :sigh:

15. johnwilliams474

johnwilliams474 Banned

linux

16. Altron

Altron Minimodder

erm? :confused:

17. TMM

TMM Modder

LMAO @ myself
    :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :lol: :lol:

isn't it always fun to have a good laught at yourself :thumb: :clap: :hehe: :blush: :p

18. Munterofamodder

Munterofamodder What's a Dremel?

this thread (and related article) is so funny. how many people did he manage to wind up? i cant believe people are still taking it seriously - that must be one of the best pratical jokes ever!

19. Altron

Altron Minimodder

mmmmm... spam... tasty :eyebrow:

20. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

When i saw the title of this thread I was like wow crap must be cool.

Then I saw the picture. :eeek: What a horrible waste of a perfect looking computer ! This guy is just stupid.