1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Apple launching European iTunes video soon

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 31 Jan 2007.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I like the fact that Apple have finally brought their services in this direction but it's possibly too little too late.
    The trouble we have, as you say in the article, is with licencing meaning that we get the shows far later than the americans and £1 per episode is possibly a little too expensive to boot.

If there was an incentive to purchasing these episodes from the iTunes store however, say getting it a week or perhaps earlier than it would arrive on the TV, the service would have the potential to make it an instant hit with the consumer market. The trouble being that the people who are likely to want mobile video content will be the tech savvy, and they (or should I say us?) are more likely to re-encode their own DVD's or perhaps obtain videos from more questionable sources instead.

3. ohdarklord

ohdarklord What's a Dremel?

I would like to be able to dowload tv shows for a pound

but i have a feeling the the drm will make these files useless to me as i would like to watch them on my htpc but i download every thing on my main pc.

4. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

It depends on what you use for your HTPC's OS. I believe that Apple allows you to use the contents from iTunes on up to 5 PC's that are running the iTunes software, however I guess it really does depend on the form of licencing agreement they are able to strike with the shows licence holders as it could well end up being less if we are unlucky.

5. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

I would be fully willing to pay a pound per show... If it was a decent resolution, and could play it on the software I choose.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

to late i think.

7. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

I watch about 12 shows atm so at 1 pound per episode It would cost me to 48 pounds per month which is way too much. they need to have subscription model with say 20 pounds for 6 shows a month 25 for 10 etc. Plus provide 720p versions so that they actually have the same level of quaility as it avaliable through torrents. I would be happy to pay if only drm died, qualilty was improved and I didnt have to pay through the nose for it.

8. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

The reason I am thinking it is a good price is it is cheaper than getting the box set. But there would be no point if it was at 320 x 240 (iPod resolution?) So at least DVD quality or better. Oh, and be able to put it on a file server so it can be watched anywhere in the house.

Tags: Add Tags