1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage Application/data drive recommendations.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Yadda, 16 Aug 2016.

1. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I need a new secondary drive and seeing as it's been a while since I bought a hard disk, I thought I'd ask for recommendations.

I'm after either a standard drive or a hybrid depending on cost, at least 1TB.

Any good deals about? Cheers.

2. Mighty_Miro_WD

Mighty_Miro_WD What's a Dremel?

Hi there.

The best choice depends more or less on what kind of applications are you planning to install on the drive.

For instance, if you're after some light gaming and programming you can take a look at WD Blue which is meant for everyday computing and a lot of people are combining it with a SSD for their OS.

http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=CVzjBj

Another option would be WD Black if you're more after performance since it has a firmware that will give you faster loading times (like a dual-core CPU for instance). It is designed for heavy gaming, big workloads and intensive file usage.

http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=jmK4D4

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any questions you may have. :)

3. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

5. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

That's good to hear, cheers. They don't hang-around at Aria, my order my despatched 21 minutes after I placed it. :hip:

6. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

...and it got here this afternoon, about 23 hours after I placed the order. That's pretty mental. :lol: