1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

April Fool Power Lead review

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Moo, 20 Aug 2002.

1. Moo

Moo What's a Dremel?

Original article www.bit-tech.net/review/86/

Ha Ha, just read power lead review. Loved the oscilloscope pics.

I had been toying with getting a Hi Fi power lead from www.russandrews.com for a while. I could see that it made some difference but thought could I actually hear it?
    Anyway, I ordered one on the 30 day trial and tried it on my mini hi fi unit. It was great!, bigger better soundstage, everything lost a metallic twang and sounded more natural, timing and rythm were improved.
    So, next up was my pc. My crappy speakers sounded half decentand and my monitor was much easier on the eyes. As for overclocking, it would be better to spend your money on a decent psu. Power lead looks good, covered in black braid.

A bit of a luxury upgrade, but I think worth it for hi-fi, for the pc, well you pays your money..

Now I wonder if my washing machine will go faster with it.....
    :)

Last edited: 20 Aug 2002
  2. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

does wonders for my *whip*

3. Moo

Moo What's a Dremel?

Re: Re: April Fool Power Lead review

I am confused, can you give a low IQ translation. Are the *'s wildcards.

I did try the lead on my washer but the max spin speed must have been locked at the factory.

But, Boy! What an improvement in sound. My machine had a timbre and sense of musical expression that just wasn't there before. Timing was also spot on, 40c cottons in 74 minutes!

I spy the fridge....