1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL April fools planning...

Discussion in 'General' started by kingred, 22 Mar 2009.

1. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Turn up dressed as a woman? Be completely calm and collected and avoid any questions why you are in drag.

2. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Do some of you guys even know the difference between a joke and a prank? April Fool's Day is about pranks, not jokes about anyone.

mvagusta likes this.
  3. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Yeah pranks.
    Like switching the BenGay and Preparation H in their boxes.

john

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Godwin's Law alone has already excluded you from any serious and reasonable argument, but I'll just quote Timmy_the_tortoise for truth:
    Except that in the movie, it is not the Jewish victims that are made fun off, nor the Holocaust itself. The humour comes from how people find creative and imaginative ways of coping with even the most desperate situation. We do not laugh at Guido Orefice; we laugh with him (and hence, we suffer with him too). Nobody is pointing fingers at Jewish corpses and going: "Heh, that's funny!".

We have plenty of dark humour in the NHS to help us cope. We deal with outrageous fortune every day, after all. But we do not disrespect the patients or their suffering.

While we're at it, let's respect kingred's thread: back on topic.

^^^ Win. And I'll send a Stainless Steel Balls trophy if he does it. :thumb:

5. Major

Major Guest

I don't argue with PC idiots though... ;)

With you working in the NHS, you should bloody well know why I am angry with the Jade Goody situation. She is no one special, and did not deserve the publicity she got, period. In the other thread, someone called her a pig, so I know I'm not alone on my opinion.

6. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

well, that was the kind of view i was hoping NOT to be expressed in that thread. it's anathema to reasoned thought.

7. Nexxo

Being a clinical psychologist, I bloody well understand what made her tick, why she was elevated to celeb status by the public, and, incidentally, why you dislike her so much* (see other thread). Whatever criticism you level at her celeb status applies as much to the British public as to her. She was a damaged girl trying to make the best of the hand that Fate and Media dealt her. The British public was shallow and vacuous for making her a celebrity. What's your excuse for despising her?

A number of people come to mind who expressed unkind opinions of you. Does their consensus make them right?

* And frankly, someone who so vehemently defended Jonathan Ross' gutter humour really is not entitled to level ANY criticism at Jade Goody.

Last edited: 23 Mar 2009
  8. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

To be honest I think it doesn't matter that she's Jade Goody, after all we all made jokes about Steve Irwin (and don't get me started on Princess Diana).

I find that a bit hypocritical considering you've just defended Jade Goody from personal attacks upon the way she acts. Nexxo, what i think you need to understand here is that no one (to my mind) despises Jade Goody as a person just what she represents, however, I totaly agree with you that it's not her fault and you really can't pin a label of "good" and "bad" upon a person so easily.

On topic: Unplug every single cable you can find from the office the night before or alternatively (presuming you work in an office) you could hooke up everyones computer to the next monitor along. Also the invisible icons from printscreen would work better if you deleted all of the icons on the screen instead of filling it with icons.

9. Nexxo

I did not think the jokes about Steve IRwin were particularly funny either, but at least he willingly took the risk that killed him. People had the decency not to joke about Di in the very week that she died --she did not invite her car crash, after all. Neither did Jade Goody invite cancer to kill her.

No, I object to statements that she deserved to die of cancer based upon the way she acted, coming from people who thoroughly approve of how Jonathan Ross acts.

10. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Bisto in the shower head !!!! :) hehe

11. Major

Major Guest

Well if you can't take a joke then that's not my problem really is it?

Above poster made a very good point, one rule for one, another rule for another eh?

Think the majority of this forum would disagree with you on the Jonothan Ross situation too.

This is where you don't understand where I am coming from, so this is how I'll explain it.

1) Mr X is disliked + hated by Mr Y
    2) Mr X has an accident
    3) Mr Y isn't going to cry about it, because he disliked that person in the first place, therefore anything that happens to that person is +1.

I hate quite a few people in this world IRL, and if anything bad happened to them, I would celebrate it, period.

12. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

13. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I don't disagree with your views Nexxo, just the way you express them.

Anyway, that's my opinion and you have yours. I'm sorry that I had to be so personal in my affront, it felt quite agressive for a ponderingment rather than an argument.

That's quite harsh. Presumably you know these people though and no one here knows Jade Goody personally and she has relatively little impact on our lives.

Last edited: 23 Mar 2009
  14. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

take a loose mains plug, and connect the two phases... plug it in on a random moment. it should take only a split second for the fuse to blow. (and everything turning off). do this a few times/ hour...

15. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

Plz plz PLZ direct all comments related to Jade Goody (who is not really related to this thread, nor do those of us in the US know who she is anyway) to the proper thread.

Also:

1) Put as much shaving cream inside of the target's shoe as possible without it being immediately visible.

2) Watch target put shoe on

3) Repeat as necessary

kthxbai

16. Nexxo

So how does that make you a better person than Jade Goody? I mean, really?

Quit while you can, because you keep comparing apples and oranges.

Vox Populi. That does not make it right. :rolleyes:

And Fisher. is right. You want to continue this, there is this whole new thread on the Serious side. Join us if you're up to a real debate.

17. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=165861

+1, kthx ;)
    Pranks are funny, your argument is not.

18. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Who the heck is this Jade Goody person anyway?
    on topic:

Because I work with a bunch of pilots, I think that it would be funny to send one of them a letter in the mail making it look like its from Transport Canada. Stating that after careful review, they have decided to pull the pilots medical, due to overwhelming amounts of overblown ego and cockiness.

haha, I may just do that one...

19. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

That is genius, might have to borrow that idea..

RwD

20. Major

Major Guest

Mac has motion sensor built in?