1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Aquacomputer Shipment (Aquaero)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ligoman17, 13 Aug 2004.

1. Ligoman17

Ligoman17 What's a Dremel?

Just got a load of Aqua Computer stuff in the mail:

Cuplex Pro CPU block
    Twinplex GPU block
    Aquastream Pump
    Aquatube
    AQUAERO!

Just checking the stuff out, I'm really impressed with the quality overall.

One thing I wanna say though is the lapping job on the blocks looks kinda sketchy. Feels flat, but several areas are discolored. It looks like the copper was "burned" in some spots. I should be able to fix it up no problem.

I do have a few issues with the Aquaero. I got the green lcd Aquaero, but in reality its more yellow than green. The software it comes with is ok. jaLCD crashes on my machine every so often, and it came with NO instructions on how to use it. I'm using the example config to try and figure it out. Setting up the Aquaero through its front panel interface is cumbersome. Finally, the Aquaero software is in German only. There is a pull-down menu to select a language, but only German works. I'm checking their website now to see if there's an update. I am hopeful however. I think once I get my cooling loop setup, the Aquaero will really begin to show its worth. Mmmmm, automated feedback control! Anyone else try out the Aquaero yet? I'd like to hear some other peoples' feedback on this product. I personally can't wait to try out all of its functions.

2. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

My Cuplex Pro arrived last week and is sitting on my desk. I'm hoping to get my Aquaero soon, but I also want a new case (v2100) so I'm having issues deciding where to allocate my up and comming funds. :blah:

Seems problemy there. I wanted a green LCD, but I guess I'll have to settle for the blue because I hate yellow. I don't speak more than 3 words of any language other than English either, so looks like I'll have issues if my English option is broken too. :duh: I hope you (or some one) find(s) a fix :blah:

3. Risky

Risky Modder

Its probably worth posting on the aquacomputer forums. Though its a German board they will endeavour to answer your questions.

4. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I would try the wizd forums. Kazuo's a member and i think hes an Aqua-Computer insider and AC forum moderator and he speaks perfect english!

5. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread is a member of Wiz D. :hip:

I completely forgot about Kaz... :duh:

6. Ligoman17

Well, I downloaded the latest aquaero software release and the english language selection works now!

Bad thing is that I also flashed the latest firmware, which made all my menus in the aquaero German. I guess 3.10D meant 3.10 Deutsch. The latest English language firmware seems to be 3.08, so DONT TOUCH IT! I tried to go back to 3.08, but when I try and flash, I get a message saying (in german) that I already have a newer firmware and then it aborts the operation! :waah:

EDIT: I just read the description for the firmware update on AC's website: "Die Firmware ist in der Sprache deutsch" 'The firmware is in the German language" I'm an idiot... :wallbash:

I'll bring it up on WizD, they've always been really helpful to me. I might try posting on AC's forum as well. Go go high school german classes....

@Puggy: The color of the text is hard to explain. Sometimes it looks totally yellow, other times it looks more yellowish-green, and still other times it looks more of a light-green. I'd call it sort of a "lime" color. Not the kind of green I was expecting, but its ok it still goes better with my case than the blue would have. I wasn't willing to pay the premium to get the color-changing VFD version anyway.

Last edited: 13 Aug 2004
  7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

WizD forums is always a good place for all your Aqua-Computer questions. Also, I speak German (more or less fluently... I've been out of practice a bit, but I can read it without problems in any case) so if there are particular bits you need translating, let me know.

8. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

Is the only "perk" of the VFD the color changing ability? I sort of know what you mean. I have an old @$$ green charactered pager from 1997 or so. The green is sort of yellow, but can sometimes be a pukey color as well as light green.

9. Ligoman17

@ Puggy - Yes, "pukey" would be a much less flattering yet VERY accurate way to describe the color of my Aquaero screen :D
    Since this convo has migrated over to WizD forums, I'll post all replys over there from now on. No use having the same group of people having the same conversation over 2 boards. :)

Ich habe Deutsch in die Oberschule gelernt, aber die Mieste habe ich vergessen! :wallbash:

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Dass passiert mir heutzutage eben so... Wie Mann sagt: "benutze es, oder verliere es"... :sigh:

11. Ligoman17

So true... especially with languages :hehe:

Tags: