1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Aquarius II = Peice of S***! What Next?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tezdread, 21 Feb 2004.

1. Tezdread

Tezdread What's a Dremel?

lo all,

Some time back I fried my CPU cos I left the standard free HS/fan on it, without any consideration of the consequences...I then thought I'd be able to buy a water cooling kit for my new setup and this would solve all the heat issues...I made another mistake thinking that!

Yeah I bought the Aquarius II kit, the fans were a waste of time having and the pump sort of pumps. I swapped the fans and added another one to the rad in a push pull setup and this along with a couple more 80mm and 1 120mm case fans (so much for the quite life) got the temps around 45c, which I think is Ok.

But, I want better than ok! :rock:

I've done some shopping around and this is what I think I might go for.

Maze 4 AMD CPU block
    Innovatek Tank-O-Matic Reservoir
    Thermochill 120.2 Radiator
    Flow Meter
    Thermochill 1/2" ID Clear Tubing

Now I'm not sure about the pump? It seems that a lot of peeps are going for the Eheim 1048/1250/1260 but it's not what I'd call a looker. But I am thinking of going for the 1250.

I do like the look of this Pump Tank though (PT-188-B) (http://www.themodhouse.co.uk/store/product_info.php?cPath=28_36&products_id=57) It would look sweeeet in my rig but I don't know if it's any good?

Are there any good looking pumps that are good, functionally to?

N1 :thumb:

2. Darv

Darv Bling!!

That system would be fine. For the pump a 1250 is overkill. You could use a 1048 and have it run just as well.

You might want to look at an RBX though. It has better performance than a Maze 4. The only thing is then you will want a more powerful pump such as a Swiftech MCP600.

3. 8-BALL

8-BALL Theory would dictate.....

If you can afford to wait for availability and don't mind paying a little extra, then the SWIFTECH MCP600 is one of the best pumps you can get. It seems to be out of stock at the UK suppliers.

8-ball

4. pauldenton

pauldenton What's a Dremel?

i believe (though i'm not 100% - you could e-mail them for a difinitive answer) that OC-UK aren't going to restock - were just getting rid of PC lincs' stock :sigh:

see this thread...
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=51515

5. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

Just a quick reply to one of your queries Tezdread

The System FX Pump tank that you are considering uses 3/8 barbs that are a permanent fixture so you are unable to replace them.

Just thought it was worth pointing out as i presume you are wanting to run a 1/2" set-up.

6. dfhaii

dfhaii internets

Gone.

Last edited: 22 Feb 2004
  7. kenshin

kenshin Banned

Tezdread i know this is a bit OT but if you want to get of the kit i know a willing buyer :naughty:

8. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Strange i allways thought the eheims were easly the best looking pumps :confused: nice and symetrical. much better than the mcp600 and hydors but i guess thats just my preferance.

The pumps you should consider are the eheim 1250,hydor L30, or MCP600 theres not much differance in performance but on paper the mcp600 is better and the hydor + eheim are identical.

I would not consider anything any weaker than those and theres not relly any widely avalible pumps that are any better. (the eheim 1260 is very very bad for watercooling)

The rest of your system looks good but you would do better with a RBX waterblock as oppose to the Maze4. Its worth any extra you have to pay for it:)

:thumb:

Tags: