1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Aria or Scan?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Treacles, 29 May 2011.

1. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

Ah, i purchased it at about 8 which is probably why...

And, the Gelid Cooler was removed from the purchase when i moved to the i3, cause it comes with a stock cooler and i wont/cant overclock the 2100

2. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Ahh, okay.

Also, once you have made a purchase from Scan, you will be able to select a different delivery address for future orders. The first one has to go to the cardholders registered address - common with first transactions with etailers.

3. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Price doesn't even come into this. I've been using Scan, Aria and Microdirect for years since they're all around the Manchester area (like me). Working in the IT business, I actually employed a number of their technicians as junior technicians a number of whom, as the years have passed, now work at Microdirect and Aria as technical support.

Without naming names, and without getting too nasty, if you feel you MIGHT require technical support at any point, you need to go with Scan. Their guys - whilst a little patronising and arrogant sometimes (come on, this is the IT industry) do for the most part know their stuff.

I certainly can't say the same for the rest of them.

Scan all the way. Or Overclockers.

4. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

Ended up going with them just because of the reputation they have so far :)

And a little question for people about the scan delivery system... If im expecting a delivery for today, should it not have been picked/despatched already :S Because it seems like its taking a long time seeing as the payment was authorised at 11 yesterday morning?

5. Randomeclipse

Randomeclipse Minimodder

I've stopped using OCuK after a forgettable RMA for a monitor that blew up on me.

Won't use them again, I'll be using Scan, Aria etc instead.

6. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

On a side note: Did anyone see the owner of Aria on the Secret Millionnaire last night?

It showed him zooming around his warehouse on one of those 2 wheeled machines that you stand on that don't fall over (self balancing) - (obviously forgot what there called).

7. Randomeclipse

Randomeclipse Minimodder

Segway (or something like that).

8. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

It was quite good to see him zooming around the warehouse like a kid on the Segwey (never go down a hill on one of those, it's quite scary and very hard to convince yourself not to lean back).
    A bit sad to see that he created an apartment inside the warehouse so he could live there from time to time.

9. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I would personally go for Scan. Recently had to RMA a motherboard and processor back to them. They've told me both are fine when I know for a fact at least one of them is knackered. Never had a problem with Scan though.

10. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

I think if i could live in a warehouse full of the latest Computer Components for a day or two i would xD