1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma 2: DayZ

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 24 Apr 2012.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I will...

...when the sale appears. :)

No offence to the game dev, but Bohemia didn't make this mod. :) I'm happy to donate money to the dev team of the mod, but in terms of the game? Well, I'll never play it outside of DayZ.

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I don't care about the cost, Im going to buy it and then run havok in game! Or at least try too...

3. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

I think Bohemia, took 'Rocket' (I think?) away from Arma 3 development in order to work on this directly lol. They've obviously realised it's a massive cash cow. So technically you are funding it by buying it as they're still paying his salary lol.

4. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

I'm eager to see what you've got when we take away BF3 and spawning with weapon in hand!

5. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

The guy actually works for Bohemia now.

This mod has got me playing ARMA 2 again. Have not played anything other than DAYZ and ARMA2 since first finding the mod! Its such a good game. I do enjoy the real game better than the mod though. Its just so bloody good online in coop. Scary.

Bill

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

TSB I can fight tooth and nail like the best of them. I have played Fallout etc on the hardest mode before i know its not the same thing but hell i can't wait to play this.

7. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Hells yeah, I bet you can!

You'll be the Ghille'd sniper I don't see when I finally come across a servicable chopper, I'll be standing there fuelling up, replacing the glass and any parts needed until *BOOM* dead with no warning, my final sight is you thieving my ride to safety!

8. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

I just pick a server with a lower player count and low ping (no more than 125 usually) and make sure its daytime on the server.

I'll be on tonight. I could use an ally if you're game? We could chat on mumble or teamspeak.
    I've never been further north than Zelengorsk, so it would be nice to discover the northern part of the map.

9. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Yeah, lets do this!

"The North" is this fabled place everybody speaks about with desire and optimism - the promised land! - let us go forth and loot and pillage!

10. Nealieboyee

I take it you have a mic? I think mumble is probably easier if its just the two of us. Lemme know what you want to do. :thumb:

I'll be starting from scratch on the coast, so we could meet there or in a nearby town? I'll be starting to play at around 17:30, and get as many bandages etc as i can that we can share.

11. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

I said exactly the same thing! roughly 45 minutes before I got shot in the face:D

12. Nealieboyee

And if you had two guys watching your back, that wouldn't happen! :D

13. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Yeah, I do. Mumble's cool, but someone else might pipe up between now and then, so play it by ear I guess.

That's mighty nice of you dude, will be home about 7 though; traffic is awful when I leave the office!

14. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

If there are a few people playing tonight we should all try and attempt to get into the same server, and meet up :)

I'll be online from 6-7ish

15. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

I had one guy watching my back, it wasn't my back that was the problem. It was the guy 600 metres away with the DMZ lol

16. Nealieboyee

Awesome. We have three so far then.

Stick aren't you a mod anymore?

17. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I have images of a gangland style mob running around. Oh the imagery is awesome! :D Get 10-15 of you all in a group. Imagine the ruckus!

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I don't know when i will be online this afternoon/evening but i will try and get on DayZ. Maybe see if anyone else is interested from Mumble. TSB I will be the guy haycheting you in the back. Not being a sniper chicken.

19. Nealieboyee

The sniper chicken only exists in BF3 and Bad company 2. In Dayz, a sniper is defined as somebody good enough to get hold of a ghillie suit and decent sniper rifle and make people s**t themselves from a distance.

20. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I was never a mod :)

What mumble/teamspeak do you want to use? I have a few to chose from and a couple more newbie friends that may want to join in!