1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma 2: DayZ

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 24 Apr 2012.

1. Gurdeep14

Gurdeep14 Minimodder

2. hugo60

hugo60 What's a Dremel?

My first decent life just came to an end. I heard a vehicle heading my way so i went to take cover in a barn, but because i ran i aggrod a zombie on the way in which made it pretty obvious that i was inside. I should have had the advantage as i knew which way the guy was coming from but i made the mistake of assuming my gun would be a 1 or 2 hit kill.

I fired about four or 5 shots into his legs/balls only to be 1 hit killed by whatever weapon he was carrying. :wallbash: Pretty sure he bled out shortly afterwards though because it came up in chat that he had died, and he looked much better geared than i was so i'm not too upset haha.

I've started again and already found a map which makes things much easier, had to do a bit of a rambo into the supermarket in Zelenogorsk though before i died of thirst; only to then hear multiple gunshots on the outskirts of the town, meaning i had to sneak out unarmed.

Also just now i stumbled into someone, and we did a little dance trying to figure out whether or not one another were going to open fire. I stupidly stopped for a second, and he immediately fired but missed so i opened up with my g17 landing 1 or 2 shots only for him to abort/alt f4 out of the game before he died :/. It's a shame some people are playing like this but im still having a lot of fun. :D

3. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I'm still where we were. I logged in briefly to check the deer stand, when I spot another downed chopper and bagged some good loot. Got another clip for your AK :)

4. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Am on mumble now if anyone wants to play

5. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

Installed this and played about 5minutes.

Is it just me or do the games take ages to load once you choose a server?

Do you guys play on a specific server or just random?

and who fancies teaching me the ropes.... :D

6. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

I will guide you, my son....
    Loading times are a bit high, but we just get used to it. We choose a server when most of us are online and we want to meet up.

Come on mumble, fresh meat.

7. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

Will do.

8. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I'm in a hell of a state at the moment. Bleeding, hunger icon flashing, and unconcious. At least I know where to find my body should I die.

9. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

and that would be where? ;)

10. SMIFFYDUDE

lol. I woke up found a rabbit just in time as my hunger was making me lose blood.

11. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Evening number 3 of trying to get DayZ to work commences! Its almost become an obsession!

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Ok so, after replacing the battleye.dll's in my hidden Arma 2 folder under Windows with the latest version, now when I get into the server menu before going into the game itself I get a popup that says 'BattlEye initiated v1.61' etc etc.

However, I still get kicked out upon entering the game.

13. SMIFFYDUDE

Does this happen with all servers? Cos this has happened to me but only on certain servers.

14. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

A little gutted and again a little bitter about playing with others. The group of friends I've been playing with found a jeep loaded with weapons and setup a fairly decently hidden camp. Noticing that carrying an MP5SD and six mags was taking up a lot of backpack space I decided to place my own tent near their camp to unload.

I log on the next day and the camp has been looted. All of the tents we thought were so hidden in the trees were empty (well... I'll explain later). That's when I saw it: some mentally challenged <I can't even choose what expletive would be best> placed a tent in the open on the top of a hill, easily visible from the main road. After I specifically said: If you can't find a tree to place it under, at least make sure it can't be seen from the road. I don't know who it was, I don't want to know who it was. It will only cause trouble when my DMR gets eager.

On the bright side, not all is lost! In an amazing bit of luck, one of our members logged on just as three players were moving items from the tent to the jeep. Like a blood crazed beast of war he took out all three, moved the rest of the items into the jeep, and cruised off deeper into the forest to find a better hiding place. Unfortunately, none of us are exactly sure where he went so we don't know if it's still there, and he won't be online for a little while...

15. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Download the current 1.64, a simple .dll overwrite.

16. wst

wst Minimodder

Tried to go on earlier...

I get the error message "DayZ_anim requires something-something-BAF" as Arma2 loads. Apart from that though I think it's ok. Except I get "Waiting for character to create" and no further loading :/

17. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Patched and steam merged game directories? (problem?)

18. SMIFFYDUDE

The area around the powerstation in Elektro on UK9 looks like a mass grave. Bodies of dead players all over the place. Most of them are nothing to do with me.:D

19. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Sounds like someone has a sniper rifle overlooking them trying to bait us in to joining, I won't fall for your trap!

Or will I...

20. SMIFFYDUDE

Server went down, now I can't get back on it, I just get stuck on loading screen.