1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma 2: DayZ

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 24 Apr 2012.

1. wst

wst Minimodder

Yay DayZ is working again. I'll hop on tomorrow night on mumble 'n everything.

2. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Carley Rae Jacksen:

3. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Agree completely with this, even mentioned it on the official dayz forum, best vehicle for the lone wolf.
    ATVs must have killed most the people who've used them. I found one once, thought nah and moved on.

4. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

This man was saved....

5. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

I died after you left last night...

And then by luck spawned less than two minutes run from my corpse!

Probability win!

and then after I looted my gear, my connection went squiffy, hope I still have it!

6. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

How did you die?

Edit: Also, I found this on Reddit. "My reaction to being killed....every time"

Last edited: 26 Jul 2012
  7. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

TSB: that whole thing was weird, you threw a smoke grenade but it landed on the wall inside the building, and then the building collapsed.

we made it out and headed west before realising you weren't with us anymore.

8. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I couldn't even work out how to use my axe :(

Will have to give this another try.

9. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I got on to a server yesterday after a 10min wait and couldn't even work out how to take stuff from a corpse :(

10. adrock

i had loads of trouble with the inventory system to start with, but you get used to it. it's just a case of remembering which side loot/your pack/your inventory is on at any given time, and remembering to check for space in your pack before putting stuff in it (because if it doesn't fit it gets destroyed).

11. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Press G to go into your inventory, right click on the axe, select remove from tool belt, exit your inventory, press R to reload. Profit.

12. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

We were seriously lucky not to be killed!

13. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

I'm having real difficulty getting into this.

I *know* it's an alpha but the bugs frustrate the hell out of me -- I only seem to manage to get into 1 in 4 servers without the game looking up its own backside and falling over, the server browser doesn't seem to bring up the latency of the servers half the time, the six launcher and updater are a complete mess, the inventory system is terrible, the controls seem kludged and awkward...

I don't mean to be overly negative but if you're all having the same experience as I am with it I'm not sure how it has managed to gather such a huge following.

I'll give it one more go at the weekend, but it's not far from getting binned by me. I really want to get into it as well as some of the emergent gameplay you all describe sounds really awesome.

I really like the concept but from what I've seen so far it has a ways to go.

14. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I get home from work and hop into Skype with some friends. They tell me they have two ATVs, so I log on expecting to get a ride since I just spawned. As fate would have it, a fully repaired and fully fueled ATV is sitting right next to me, so now we have three. Over the course of 10 minutes:

-ATV1 rolls and is tipped back over by ATV3.
    -ATV2 explodes, killing the driver. Driven with a damaged engine.
    -ATV3 rolls (on flat ground) and is tipped back over by ATV1.
    -ATV1, seconds later on the same flat ground, goes soaring into the air sending the driver flying to his death several meters away, then explodes upon landing.
    -ATV3 rolls and is abandoned since we then lacked a way of righting it.

You made a wise choicing passing it up! :D

15. wst

wst Minimodder

So what's the Mumble these days? >_<

16. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Finally managed to get DayZ to run, Had a couple of quick games. Firstly i logged into a UK server, spawned on a beach obviously in the dark, not that it made any difference because all i managed to do was move about 2 feet before some guy comes running up and shoots me in the head.

Second attempt went a little better, opted for a US server for some daylight to actually get to grips with the game, once again i spawn on the beach and make a run along the coast to what looks like a small port with a lighthouse just off shore. The place is crawling with zombies, which i fail epically to avoid alerting. Panic ensues, i cant find anything useful anywhere and decide to head to the lighthouse. Swimming is really slow but i eventually get there and find away up to the lighthouse hoping for some goodies in it.
    I find nothing but whilst leaving the rock spot a powerboat, which to my surprise was gassed up and ready to go so i set of skimming the shore line to find somewhere that might have loot.

I found nothing because an error booted me from the server. But considering i hadnt really achieved anything or even done a great deal, it felt exhausting! i was on edge all the time always wondering if i was being watched. Ill give it another go tomorrow, and take some more risks fortune favours the brave right?

17. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

There's a new bigger one :)

18. terrorbyt

terrorbyt MultiModder

Yep the bugs are bountiful, awful and make the game ridiculously unrealistic BUT it's as close as you can get to zombie survival at the moment so either stick with it or wait until it's properly released :)

19. adrock

The only thing better than finding one tent filled with sniper rifles and ammo, is finding another 4 with even more sniper rifles, ammo, NV goggles and an M249. Then running them over with a tractor.

20. wst

wst Minimodder

Most satisfying of all would be telling me where they are if they have any STANAG ammo in them :p Then letting me get that. Then running them over :p