1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma 2: DayZ

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 24 Apr 2012.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Got Killed yesterday.

Didn't I Betty. DIDN'T I BETTY!

2. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

AS50/M107 to the head?

I've told him he needs to be careful where he points that thing!

3. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

I'm so sorry Tom. Really!

What happened? After our entire squad was ghillied up, I kinda got used to it. And I thought you were still outside the wall! So I spawn on South Hill (NW Airfield), scan everything, then run past some guy without a ghillie who is lying on the ground. I look at him for a sec, and then he turns toward me and I pulled the trigger instinctively.

I'm so sorry!!! Next ghillie I find is your's Tom!

4. Parge

Bahahaha!

I would have thought a DayZ Vet like you would be beyond panic!

Its ok. I'm gonna run up to the camp to pick some new stuff up, but I'll take you up on that offer of a ghillie suit if you do find one! :D

5. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

i have completed day z

Gurdeep14 likes this.
  6. Gurdeep14

Gurdeep14 Minimodder

what do you mean?

N17 dizzi likes this.
  7. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

but there are still some people left alive...

8. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

i have the top gear hence i have completed it :p

9. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Then I've completed it too.

I've just noticed my current character is on day 13. Whats the longest you guys have survived?

Last edited: 6 Aug 2012
  10. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

1 mirrion players!

EDIT: Also, ZiiP has a server..?

Last edited: 6 Aug 2012
  11. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

where's the chopper then?

12. Matticus

Matticus ...

My friends and I got sniped in UK123 near Mogilevka, three of us in very quick succession. I had had some combat before meeting up with my friends so was low on blood and supplies, we met up and set about finding some gear.

My friend was having some real issues with buggy backpacks and losing items, got frustrated and we all came out of a building too quickly, whoever killed us must have been watching for a while. I got taken down first, being the only in a position to return fire with my AS50 and ghillie suit*. My friends with a crossbow and axe were taken out very quickly afterwards.

I am pretty bummed out because we always played friendly and only returned fire if necessary, so it is frustrating to get murdered in cold blood. I am a sad Panda!

*and NV Goggles, Range finder, GPS, watch, map, various drinks, pills, morphine... pretty good haul for those guys.

13. Parge

I got killed the other day by someone with a L85A2, I only had a crossbow! Its the nature of the game, but don't change your playstyle if you like it! :thumb:

14. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

We do although it is currently being plagued by hackers. Word spread on the Dayz forums that we had a stable, low ping, UK server with a regular admin presence who tired their best to deal with hackers. This seems to have made us a target now and we are having a spate of invisible players teleporting onto players and killing them or teleporting vehicles with players into them around the map or onto their position and killing them in the confusion. The logs are also showing an influx of non standard illegal weapons.

There is quite a heated discussion about dropping the server as we are getting very annoyed at the DayZ teams habit of siding with the hackers over the server admins. If we pay over £600 a year to host a server we should have control over it but we are currently running the risk of being black listed because we are banning hackers.

15. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

i stick to "undesirable" servers just to avoid all the rampant scripting and hacking i've heard about lately. this includes servers with few players, no third person, crosshairs etc.

I just wish server hopping wasn't so rampant. Half the time i can't even get any good loot from spots that should have good spawns.

16. Bokeh

Bokeh What's a Dremel?

If you guys didn't know already, DayZ is going to be made into a full standalone game.

Sauce: http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

17. hugo60

hugo60 What's a Dremel?

Just spent a few hours getting items back after dying, only to be killed by a gate. Really need to play with a partner to save you from these horrible situations.

18. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

19. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

This is excellent news finally a chance to develop DayZ the way it was meant to be.

20. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Funny how we have the opposite view on what makes an undersirable server. I absolutely refuse to play on any server that has 3rd person and crosshairs. Both things would be removed entirely from the game if I had my way.