1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma 2: DayZ

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 24 Apr 2012.

1. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

A bunch of us are getting into DayZ+ now.

Essentially, the majority of the programmers are focused on the Standalone version, but some are continuing development on DayZ, which is being called DayZ+.

There are loads of additional features, restricted weapons (American weapons are harder to find, usually on downed choppers) and zeds are a hell of a lot tougher. Loads more construction options as well.

Jester had a solid go of it last night and build this:
    [​IMG]

Changelog and details here:
    http://www.dayzplus.com/showthread.php?543-DayZ-Changelog

2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

yeah, loving DayZ+ here!

3. suragh

suragh Derp

I have installed it and going to give it a try!

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

What has happened is a hacker injected a script into your characters code, BE sees that as hacking and banned you.

Appeal might get fixed. Whitelisted servers have less hackers. And even private hives too.

5. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

Use the play6 updater it has a option to start the game via steam (some of the launchers dont).
    Also unless you have the PMC DLC the player character in Day-z is still low res (well it is for me) as you get BAF (lite) and PMC (lite) DLCs with Arrowhead. Essentially all the models from the DLC but in a low res form.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

DayZ Commander launches the game via steam. So bought worries I do need to buy that character skin dlc.

7. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

fair enough, I use other mods so 6 is best for me :D .

Its not vital to get the DLC for dayz the skin it uses is pretty basic anyway. Upto you ofc.

8. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

9. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Random goofing in the style of "grab whatever I can and die" last night turned into: two dead squads (seven people killed, two multiple times), one dead hacker, completely destroyed large camp with best gear and heli downed with M107 at night.

The lovely whining started after admin and his buddies lost the chopper. Apparently being able to down a heli at night without NVGs is hacking.

Such is life in these DayZ.

10. suragh

suragh Derp

Anyone playing this tonight?

11. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

What servers are you guys mainly on?

12. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

DayZ+ is tough, im still noob to dayz in general but me and a mate have been trying for a few days and we constantly get owned by the zombies. Gonna head back to normal dayz for a good while lol!

Anyone got any tips for 2 guys starting together? Im starting to think we may be better just arranging a meeting point in centre of map and we make our way there seperatly, the hassle of meeting up at game start and the subsequent looking for loot seems a lot of hassle.

Also im certain i had a char on a public server, so i shoulld be able to join any other public ones and my char carries across right? I cant find him anymore? If you dont login within a certain time does it get wiped?

13. Nealieboyee

Best tip? Stop making noise. One bullet can attract untold amounts of zombies. Learn to go through a town by crouch walking or prone. Only fire if you have to and go for the head with your most quiet weapon.

If you are being chased by a zombie, find a conifer and go into it. They can't hit you while you're inside a conifer.

Your character should still be there, yes.

Otis1337 likes this.
  14. suragh

suragh Derp

I know this doesn't really fall under dayz but has anyone played wasteland mode yet?

15. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

- NEED MEDICAL ATTENTION - DayZ+ UK1 -
    Location: 088 088 (DBmap) South East of Guglovo, very close to deer tower.
    Status: Very low blood, black/white vision, passing out! Flashing red hunger! NO FOOD
    Appearance: Woodlands bandit camo (aka hare courser looking fellow), SA-58 (Czech AK).
    Whats in it for you?: A G17 with full 2/3 mags!
    Coms available via ZiiP's TS3: 85.236.100.27:15287 [PM for password]

Help meeeeeee!

[​IMG]

16. Nealieboyee

I have yeah. Its pretty good!. You usually begin with $200 and a G17 but this varies. Building bases is fun! Loads of vehicles and full servers. Give it a go!

I could try to get to the hospital in Cherno and get some meds for you. Low FPS but I think I can slideshow my way to you.

17. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

thanks for the help! and good luck!

18. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

Yea i keep noise to a min when i obtain a firearm its reserved for PVP or some emergency with zombies, but on the odd occasion one zombie does creep up lol, on dayz+ i dont think that tree thing works but otherwise yea i do my best creeping etc etc.

Strange, i have joined every server in sequence that i have been on (around 10, play 6 keeps a note for me) and i cannot locate him again :( its annoying cos i found a car checked gear, empty, but hey a car, so i was toodeling around towns etc then i manage to break a leg falling from the 1st floor of a barn....as i crawled all the way back to my car i managed to properly check the gear...wat did i find an M4 with 5 clips, food, water canteens, blood packs, epi-pens, tent, map, compass, 3 other rifles (no ammo tho) and "HALLEUJA" morphine!!!

i cant believe i drove around for aprox 2 hrs and had all that stuff! lol, but i crashed the car (fail....) well technically it got stuck more cos of a game bug but i wont drive thru a town again lol. Nwo i was on foot in the forest when i logged off, cant find it :(

19. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Thanks Nealieboyee!

Rep'ed

20. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

OK guys, all this talk of awesome Day:Z has got me gasping, does anyone know a way to upgrade from the standard-edition ARMA2 to something Day:Z compatible? Cheapest I've found so far is $30 for the full version on GOG...