1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma 2: DayZ

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 24 Apr 2012.

1. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

It's not all about gfx mate and you can tell a poor gamer when they say 'omg the gx sux' it's not some make-believe crap that has just come out of Hollywood!

2. silky

silky What's a Dremel?

To be fair Arma2 does have the uncanny ability of looking amazing and fugly from one moment to the next. In fact if it wasn't for Arma2 I would still be using some ancient dual core with 2gig of RAM etc. I used to play the game and it was really ugly looking, and I saw peoples screenshots that were so much better. Since upgrading I can now crank it and for me, I even prefer the way it looks to BF3.

Although that Chernarus map is hard to make work. They obviously went a bit overboard with trees and stuff and it just always struggles to run smoothly unless there is very little going on. But if you have Operation Arrowhead, play on some of the Takistan style maps and if you can crank the options, it looks amaaaaaazing. I never get tired of the eye candy :) It gives me such high hopes for Arma3 as well because they have obviously learned so much from Arma2.

3. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Isn't there some way we could form our own alliance and give DayZ a good go as a team?

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Just use teamspeak or mumble and then join the same server...

5. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Feel Free to join us on ZiiP TS server, about 4 of us play on DayZ now and use VOIP

Not sure who i can trust now....
    spent all night on this and im pretty well geared up and become a target for other jelly players.

Got a CZ 550 Scoped sniper rifle, M1911 pistal and a MOTHERFUKING GHILLIE SUIT!!!!

Im not so well supplied on food and drinks at the moment though.

If im honest if i see you with a better rifle than me, i will take you out from a mile away and steal it. but other wise ill just let others live....

Last edited: 29 Jun 2012
  6. silky

silky What's a Dremel?

I still haven't even tried it yet. I've been waiting for it to develop a bit more. I hope everyone doesn't get burned out playing it before it's even in a beta state :0

7. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

They're not that bad anyway if you crank them up. When you move in land some of the lighting is great. Not sure his 670 can hack it though :(

;)

8. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Ooh I'll try that. I could use a few allies.

9. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Ahhh Otis1337 is a Bandit :worried:

10. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

I take my bandits two at a time. POW POW.

11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Doesn't the Ghillie suit have a bug where if you log out wearing it when you log back in or die and respawn you spawn in the sea and loose all your gear...?

12. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

This is what happened to me the last time I tried it....I'm not sure if the bug has been fixed yet!

13. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

I wouldnt say im a bandit... if your within my team ill go out my way to help you.. but i have died alot of times tring to be nice to strangers who just blow my head off.

its a dog eat dog world out there... survival of the fittest!
    Ill be playing it today again... im totally hooked.. get ZiiP's TS guys and lets make a possy and take control of the airfield!!! :D

MP me for TeamSpeak details!

Love the official trailer!

14. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Im up for joining in tonight. But it depends on how long it takes me to crawl out of thr barn im in with a broken leg lol.

15. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Seconded hate bandits with a passion. have only ever managed to kill one. I went out my way and went into electro after watching somebody be killed from the hills. Managed to snipe him off the roof of the office block. So satisfying.

I mighty hop on this for some team play. Me and my mate usually play together but would be better in a huge party. We could take cherno by storm!

Bill

16. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Showing off how good my ghillie is! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So im actually lost.. i knew where i was for a while, but had to run from a stamped of zombies....
    I stumbled across a military camp, i know there are a lot of players that go around here as it has really good gear and weapons.. but im not sure where it is on the map. any help?
    This is the best shot dare get popping my head up... there will be snipers all over this place.
    [​IMG]

17. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Try it at night with NVG's... Its amazing!!!

18. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Otis hard to see, is there a big square corrugated building at one end of the tents? Is there what looks like a ball on a stick water tower in the town? Welcome comrade to stary sobor!

On that note I once spawned in Novy sobor, the town to the east or stary, don't ask how! But I was glad it wasn't the beach!!

19. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

anyone know where to get op arrow head cheaply? and impulsive friend unexpectedly bought a couple of us a copy of arma2 to play this day z mod but didn't realise it needed OAH to use the mod.

I begrudge the idea of paying 15 quid on the current steam price to access a mod and game i might not even like

20. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

http://www.gamesrocket.com/download/Arma-II-Operation-Arrowhead.html?ref=101&currency=GBP

Where i got mine... cheapest i know.

yeah that was there, posting a youtube video soon just to make sure! thanks.
    Should i be very careful, whats the likelihoods of other players there?