1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam ARMA 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by adrock, 16 Sep 2013.

1. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

i only heard a single burst at the truck, then i was dead but it did sound like all hell had broken loose.

I'll be back for more tonight.

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Ah, no it was 4 guys on the hill that opened fire on us. They nailed you in the first proper volley across the valley and clipped me a bit. Check the TwitchTv link above and go to 1hour 54 minutes.

3. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

That twitch footage was intense, awesome guys! Makes me jealous I won't be playing Arma 3 any time soon.

4. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Bored already?

5. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

get back to getting knee deep in fresher clunge!

6. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

For those of you not getting FB updates - this was posted today....

7. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

This looks really awesome. Love the level of strategy and team play.

8. adrock

i lolled at

'i think i might have thrown a bad frag. we'll see'
    BOOM
    'yup'

9. adrock

played Defend ??????? mission last night on the ziip server, we lasted a good 7 rounds 'til an explosion caused a bunch of folks to crash. it gets quite tense knowing someone's coming to attack you but you don't know where from. if only our chopper hadn't taken fire and landed on the roof (which we couldn't access) we might've made it out.

10. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Our latest server raid. Started getting hectic as hell at the end! Ended up taking on the server owners (eUK)! :D

Within the first 5 minutes, one of ours (Hammy) had a bounty put on him - $10,000 and a further $1,000 for every team member.

Managed to kill another Bounty myself with a Strider, happy days.

http://www.twitch.tv/ziipgamestore/b/470489714

11. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Was a good game and lots laughs as well.

12. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

I really need to get into A3 multiplayer a bit more, had a quick ten mins with you ZiiP lads the other night! I play A2 with a bunch of Mil-Sim dudes, ****ing awesome fun playing organised missions. I just have gone a bit off wasteland recently, too much arsing about and not enough organised base's etc.

Here is some A3 missions to try-

SP - Red Hammer - Invasionhttp://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=179613435

This is a remake of the first mission of the "Red Hammer" campaign from OFP, it includes the orginal voice overs. A fun little mission and nice to replay an oldie.

SP/MP - Dynamic Universal War System
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=167274881

Bit of a "Cheap" ALIVE, essentially you have set areas to take over, you earm Command Points to buy new units and side missions to run. The side missions can help the Blufor units spawn on the map who will automatically attempt to take areas, similar to the Benny CTI map. This one even got a mention in a PC Gamer article about good A3 missions. I recommend starting as a MP game so you can respawn when you are kill. I cant bloody figure out how to get new weapons tho....

SP - Whole lotta Altis
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173155826

Very similar to the above, but a bit of an RPG element and a story, you are dropped into Altis to find out whats going on, you can do missions for the towns and set up your own base camp etc, still being worked on but has potential to be a good SP long term mission.

SP/MP Escape Altis
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181408732

Port of the popular Escape Chernarus map, had a couple of goes and seems to be working ok. Remember to change the settings as you need to tell it how many players or you may find it very hard.

SP Resistance: Episode 1
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=182816770

Start of a campiagn, had a quick go of the first mission, has potential, kudos for the custom voice acting, but the protaganist you play, he sounds fairly robotic imo. Episode 2 is also out.

Also if your interested in trying mil-sim gameplay check out VCB - www.volcbat.com, our motto is "Realism, without the bollocks" here is a good vid to showcase what we get upto - http://youtu.be/7Xw1ugasv8A

Moving to A3 in November so keep an eye on our forums if your interested.

But I have to say if you are into Mil-Sim I recommend finding a group, its a lot of fun!!!

13. adrock

I've been playing with the ZiiP folks for the last couple of weeks and it's so much better playing with a group than trying to lonewolf in wasteland or playing SP missions against AI.

I'd like to try Escape Altis, because i think Stratis would be a bit small for that, and i'd like to try it on a map i don't already know like in Arma 2.

Also, hopefully somewhere in that stream, i manage to 'snipe' a guy from ~1.8km using the Titan AA missiles on the Tigris (and NaloaC said it had no ammo left!) and the thermal optics. i suspect the poor chap had his draw distance down and didn't even know what hit him, because he asked afterwards :p

Last edited: 17 Oct 2013
  14. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Yeah, the last few nights have been immense fun hunting around as a group. Sometimes a bit too chaotic with so many of us on some times (We've accounted for half of the server population sometimes), but go after missions and occupied gunstores is just fantastic together.

15. adrock

yeah, i'm bumping my own arma 3 thread because i love it so much, what of it?

wasteland has added AI jets, revives, and the extra weapons from the first campaign DLC. It's awesome and everyone should play it more because:

a) The sound doesn't cut out when someone uses a suppressor.
    b) It doesn't crash on siege of shanghai.

Turned out where i'd got stuck in the campaign was ~300m sprint from the end of it, just needed to dodge the artillery and shoot the paratroopers. When i finally played through it my squad leader bravely held people off (and died) while i crawled to the boat as the sole survivor :)

16. Gurdeep14

Gurdeep14 Minimodder

I've been playing wasteland recently and I'm really enjoying it. Would be cool to team up with people from here if anyone is up for it?

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

As much as I enjoyed Wastelands, I fell out of love with it due to the boredom that ensues due to dupers and the gunstores. Same thing, over and over and over.

Even when I go around just doing missions and whatnot, the majority of players just go back to the gunstores. :/

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have quite enjoyed Lifemod, got some good groups having fire fights. Last night I joinned a group for some fun. Ended up in a fire fight with another gang. Police rolled up and tried to arrest of the team.

Gun fight ensued, where I killed the lead guy and server admin and mod creator. :lol:

19. Gurdeep14

Gurdeep14 Minimodder

Well from what I've played of Wasteland recently, I haven't come across any dupers or hackers. Most people don't hang around the gun shops, well, not on the servers I played.

I don't mind playing any other mod/mission on ARMA if anyone is up for it? I'm just bored of Battlefield and ARMA looks amazing and it's a whole load more tactical

20. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Anyone played any Battle Royale? Saw GassyMexican playing it so gave it a try and it gets real intense.

Not had the time to have a full game until today, and was pretty chuffed as I bought the alpha but never played it, until I played Battle Royale and on my first full game ended up winning. The blue fighting zone by the end was tiny and it was 3 of us, and the other two started shooting as I flanked them, one killed the other and while he was reloading I got in behind and shot him to win it.

Would probably be a lot more fun with people to play with, well until the end that is.