1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows ARMA II Demo

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WARHAMSTER, 27 Jun 2009.

1. WARHAMSTER

WARHAMSTER What's a Dremel?

I've tried it and so far it feels very similar to ARMA 1 but a lot tighter. I had massive graphical problems and BSOD all over the shop until I updated my GPU driver.

I like the gun play and the helos seem a good mix of challenge and simplicity.

The graphics are very good but the shadows are crap even at the mid setting.

The game runs pretty well on my E6700 (OC'ed to 3.2) with a ATI4870 and 4gig of ram (XP 32 bit)

So far so good.

2. Littletron

Littletron What's a Dremel?

have you tried it on max setttings yet.

looks like a good game, in need of a new game, L4D doing my head in.

3. Bonzo45

Bonzo45 Ex CPC

I played the demo and had no technical problems with it, I just don't get it. I wouldn't really call it a fun game as such, it's more like flight simulator, perhaps too serious. No doubt it is good when you get really involved, but I haven't played it enough to really get into it, maybe I should.

I have the first one and played that a bit, and ARMA2 is a nice upgrade to the original game but I'm pretty sure I prefer Battlefield 2 to it any day.

Sure, the graphics are nice, although the motion blur absolutely takes the bleep. I really don't get motion blur, when I look around the room I don't see masses of motion blur and it really shouldn't be used that much in games, with the possible exception of racing games. It should be used like it is in TF2, you can barely notice it when you have it turned on, very sleek. Natural!

I may get it when it drops in price substantially, perhaps pick it up for £10 in 6 months time, I'm sure it won't be expensive for very long, apart from on Steam!