1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Arma II Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 26 Jun 2009.

1. Teq

Teq What's a Dremel?

OFP and ArmA were both buggy as hell on first release, fortunately the developers are good enough to support the game until its death, so don't judge it to soon. The campaign editor is awesome as well, a few troops against an enemy with awesome weaponry - in the dead of night, absolutely fantastic! I haven't purchased it yet, still haven't decided to Steam it or buy a physical copy, I do prefer Steam but I could do with saving 5 quid ;)

2. Rapp

Rapp Minimodder

looks very cool will have to try out the demo

3. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

I couldnt get this game to run well on my rig. Athlon X2 7750BE, 9600GT, 3GBs Ram, W7RC1

4. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

I'm buying it just to have it... Can't play at the moment though.. Nothing I have can play it anyways. but for the support alone, because I want to see more of these games..

5. cybergenics

cybergenics What's a Dremel?

Patch 1.03 is out, which addresses a few issues.

6. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

GUI / Squad Control / Radio Chatter are still a complete mess.

In fact the radio chatter is even worse "Man, left, far", you what now? You're standing in a forest and the squad leader says "2, GO TO, that, TREE, 100 meters". Yeah well done Bohemia.

And don't get me started on the pilot/driver AI and command system.

For the ARMA3 review, can someone give these things some proper scathing criticism so they actually get fixed for ARMA4 or whatever? IT's been 8 years since OFP was released and the basics of the SP campaign system STILL SUCK.

Last edited: 12 Aug 2009
  7. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Just how are they supposed to fix that without sacrificing the level of unscriptedness unique to their games, mate?

Tags: Add Tags