1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma II

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jake123456, 1 Mar 2011.

1. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Guys after us thinking about getting a squad/clan together i got active and looked for other clans etc. I have played on a server last night MAG (mobile assault group) they have domination games all the time. Was playing with them last night very good. You will need combined ops and the ACE mod to play. But after installing ACE i wont go back to normal its so much better.

2. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Cool - I will look them up. Don't suppose you made a note of the IP address of the server they play on? Do they use TeamSpeak 3?

3. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Running low on funds, so will pick this game up in the next pay ;D Hopefully by then we can get a clan going...:D

4. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

5. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

6. omicron

omicron Baud.

I just bought Arma 2 and am LOVING the mission editor. It's just like OPF, brings back so many memories.
    I have noticed though that when playing the campaign, some odd things happen: my team leader tells me to engage units that are behind a hill and out of view, for example, and sometimes the game just bogs down and gets stuck in one place, presumably because there's an enemy hiding or glitching out somewhere. Anyone else get this?

7. TheLegendJoe

TheLegendJoe Syntax error

All the time haha, the second one is more annoying though :/ Still a great game despite its flaws ^_^

8. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Yeah - happens to me too. You go after the guy you are told to go after and then you get shouted out for going out of formation! I guess that's Army life for you!

Been playing with some of the missions and Campaigns you can download. Currently playing one called Operation Cobolt which is pretty good.

9. will_123

Eh no i didnt sorry but they use teamspeak 3. Just filter for MAG but you will need the ACE mod installed. If you need help with that post up ill try and give rough explanation. Its good crack! see you on the battlefield soldier!

10. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Yeah, I have ACE installed - it's great.

My profile has got a few other mods as well. Does this matter or can you only have the mods that the server is running?

Also, I notice some servers say things like BAF(lite) PMC(lite) - do I need to set up a profile with lite versions of these or can I ignore that?

11. will_123

I wish i knew mate...i wish i knew. Literally i have installed the mod and i have been updating it but thats it. its all confusing the hell out of me. But yes i have been seeing the same.

12. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Speaking of weird AI behaviour I've spent the last few hours scripting a new intro mission that we can use for benchmarking graphics cards with.

Sometimes trying to get the AI to do the simplest thing can be very bloody frustrating :wallbash:

13. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

Am tempted to jump in and buy this - cant believe I missed such a game on release, head up my a**e playin wow I guess... boooo...

So what do you need to get to get up to date - Arma II and Arrowhead? Is that all thats needed?

I see Reinforcements is coming out in April too according to Play - I'm guessing thats just another expansion for it?

14. will_123

Think that is just the private military and British armed forces expansions into one large package not sure tho....

From what I have seen the ACE mod gives you alot of the dlc anyway not sure could somebody clear up what you actually get when installing this mod apart from the health system changing and blackouts?

15. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

Ah ok, the wiki and your comment has cleared it up for me cheers!

Arma II and OA are needed, then there is 2 DLC packs (which it appears form a part of the Reinforcements release).

Will get Arma II and OA ordered up then for now - can sort the other bits later.

Cheers

16. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

After all this talk and a bit of practice I am going to check the Mobile Assault Group server tonight. Will be after 8pm though after the kiddies are tucked up! If anyone from here is on - I can't hit a barn door from 2 yards at the moment!!!

17. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

Just downloaded Arma II from directtodrive for 15 quid - will have a play around with this after its patched then get hold of OA next week I guess :)

18. will_123

Jedra seen you on the MAG site applying i did aswell. Good times hopefully see you on for a game at some point. Im away this weekend to cardiff for rugby but off work for couple of days after could well get a game online at some point mate!

19. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Cool! Playing tonight to see if I get through the application process! I haven't been in a clan for years - should be fun!

20. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Played a clan game for the first time last night on the MAG private server. It was good fun to play properly where everyone (except me) knew what they were doing! My only problem is that I had the wrong version of the map and my team and the enemy kept submerging into the ground or taking cover behind rocks I could not see!!

Great fun though!