1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Armed police shoot errant sheep

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Hiren, 11 Dec 2004.

1. Who_me_33

Who_me_33 What's a Dremel?

OK, its a sheep, its was most probably not going to harm any police officers, (they could have carried a pistol in their pouch). When theres a sheep on the road in N.Z. you do the right thing, round it off to the side of the road, and put it in the nearest empty paddock. They could have relatively easily rounded a herd of sheep off to the side (they're not the best escapers, hell, me and a mate occasionaly round up the sheep for drenching at his). I dont see shooting the sheep as absolutely nesscary, unless there is more to the situation than what we have herd (had the sheep been hit by a car and was injured)

2. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

It's most likely that it was holding up a major road for an extended period. These roads are W I D E and unless you're experienced as a shephard with a crook you're gonna have a really hard time. Oh, and you need enough volunteers to human barrier both sides (maybe 6 lanes worth). The sheep was shot to make the road driveable again because, as many said, hitting a sheep at 60 mph could easily kill people.

A tranq dart might've been a better idea but they're hard to get hold of and I'm not sure if they can get through a sheeps wool.

It seems as though this sheep was there for a long time (or kept getting there somehow) and shooting it was the quickest (and cheapest) option.

They probably shot up those sheep with the tank as they're pretty common in Wiltshire. An old sheep is a lot cheaper than a pig as well. Once it's shaved it's just a hunk of meat to get smashed up after all.

3. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Surely it's better for the sheep to be shot (instant) than have the panic etc. of being mangled by car?

Unless it was Harold the clever sheep from monty python... :D

ch424