1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Army Of Two (EU)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DougEdey, 7 Mar 2008.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Some may ask why I decide to specify (EU) in the title, well, it's because EA (in their Infinite Shite Wisdom tm) have decided that PAL discs can only play with PAL discs, I have no idea why, but it's stupid.

Other then that, the game is great fun, but playing on my own is annoying. Does anyone else have this yet?

2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I do. Obviously. :)

3. fwalm

fwalm New Member

Will be picking up tomorrow, trading in Mass Effect and Lost Via Domus for it. Play with you tomorrow if you want.

4. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Want it, but got no cash for it at the moment :(

5. DougEdey

Pfft, you never play on live.

Fwalm: sure, if I'm feeling better

Also, gamestation here sold out of 360 copies within 2 hours, they still have PS3 in though :p

6. G0RD0N FAN

G0RD0N FAN Jeff Gordon #24

I did think this was out yet. How about a PC version?

7. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I want to get it for the PS3, but no one I know has got one yet and I don't really want to play on my own.

8. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I saw the preview for ps3, and i loved how it had swearing, and some real emotions in it, so i went out and bought it for my ps3. Only played the training and first mission, but i'm much more of a keyboard and mouse over controller person. Besides the touchy aiming, i liked the game, but so far it's nothing spectacular, but i will definitly invest my time into it to beat it and unlock some of those bada** guns.

9. mikeuk2004

debating to which platform i might get it on. Might let the price decide for me.

10. DougEdey

I paid £35 for it from HMV, but I'm sure it's cheaper elsewhere

11. davidbrown1988

davidbrown1988 Member

EA Suck

hi

me and my mate have been trying to play this game on contractor together. both of use have the (EU) disc and i have an 8mb connection an he has a 10mb connection. but yet i cannot play co-op with because ea's servers keep lagging out!

does anyone know of a way to avoid using ea's rubbish servers as we have no problems playing together on any other none ea published game.

also note to all if u are thinking of buying this game it is very good but i suggest that you strongly reconsider unless you intend to only play by yourself.

as if you either work nights or play play on your xbox after nine at night you will not be able to find or host any kind of multi player game.

and as the previous person stated you cannot play with anyone, even if on your friends list who lives outside of the EU or does not own a pal based console.

:wallbash:

it has taken me and my friend over two and a half hours to play an online game, and even then it would appear that ea have dedicated all of their bandwidth to the US as it was so laggy u could not tell what anyone was doing.

all in all ridiculously confusing, and dear.

do not end up like me who brought the last copy in my town for £44.99 on a game you will probably spend a day or two to exhaust.

i recommend buying this game if you can get a copy for around £20 or less, otherwise it is simply not worth it.

12. DougEdey

After some more play today, I'm taking it back, the game is far too restrictive and this is unfair.

Joe: Can you see if you can contact someone if there's a patch coming to fix the region lock? That's the only thing that may save me.

13. fwalm

fwalm New Member

Ok not buying now, was all set to get it and now it seems crap as well, great, when is Vegas coming. Something that might stop me constantly going abck to Halo, COD could not do it, it got returned, my only game I ever traded in it failed to me that much.

14. DougEdey

Vegas is out in two weeks.

15. mikeuk2004

Is it two player split screen offline?? Because thats the 2 player im interested in rather than online. Online is great but not essential as I like to play split screen at home.

16. Tim S

Tim S OG

What a brilliant idea! :idea:

17. mikeuk2004

Imagine if Iceland was not in Europe and your the only person to buy the game :) Would be very lonely lol

18. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Well I was looking into it, but the stupidity with online play has put me off that. Gonna wait for Joe's review and see if there's any news on the poor online play.

19. Orca

Orca New Member

Cool graphics, love the weapons customisation, but the gameplay has been rinse and repeat for me. Glad I only played it at my friend's house. Doesn't warrant a purchase imo.

20. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Tried the online and worked flawless for myself. I'm in Canada which is probably why. The game itself is fun when you have a mate to play with, but i prefer larger scale online matches. Oh well.. only a waste of 1 hour of shovelling snow, and i got my super smash bro's brawl coming this week :D

Tags: