Welcome to Arrakis (dancer). This is a small HTPC project I was supposed to start about four months ago. Last Sunday, while standing in my workshop staring at cor leonis (as I have been doing a lot) trying to solve the problem of the top of the case/side panels and how to make the hinging mechanism, I decided it was best if perhaps I stopped thinking about this build for a while and did something else (or at least hope that a solution would just pop into my head if I was thinking about something else). So I just spun around, grabbed some 1.2mm sheet and started building Arrakis. This is going to be a very simple, very small PC that will sit next to our TV. It will consist of two main parts. A compact chassis housing all the components and a pretty wooden shell. The first thing I did was to hunt down all the parts I collected for this at the start of the year. I quickly stacked everything on top of each other to see how all the parts can be arranged. Made some measurements and marked up the main part of the chassis on some 1.2mm sheet. Cut it and filed it and then used some bits of alu and a couple of clamps (and a hammer) to bend it into shape. The stanoffs were fitted to the board and the i/o plate taped into position. Then the position of the i/o plate was roughly marked. Once that was done, more accurate measurements were taken and the cut lines marked up on the back panel. And the waste was removed very carefully. I say carefully because there is not much left at the side and this will bend and buckle easily. And the fit is good. Now some braces need to be made for the sides. In the next photo you can see that one brace is made from 8mm plate and the other from 6mm plate. There just was not enough room on the right hand side. To work out where the holes for standoffs go. Firstly place the board where it will go. Mark the standoff positions with a pencil. Remove the board and place some masking tape where the pencil marks are. Put the board back and press down firmly on each of the standoffs. This will leave an imprint on the tape. Mark the center of the imprint and then with a pointy tool, make a mark through the tape onto the sheet. Drill holes. Everything should fit exactly. At the start of the year I played around with this board for a while to see if it could actually run 'fanless'. Just performing minor tasks took the temp up to 86 degrees and just resting a fan on the heatsink dropped this temp dramatically to usable levels. So I've decided to run a fan on this even though this kills my ambitions of a totally silent machine. I'm thinking I can play with the fan speed once the build is complete and with a shell, intake grille and filter, this should dampen the db's still further. I'm actually hoping it will be very close to silent. So I need to mount a fan. I'm using anything I have laying around the workshop. The only thing I will have to buy extra for this is some wood for outside. Some fan mounts. And that's it.