1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 ARRGGHH Please someone rub my back and tell me it'll be alright!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chuff_72, 30 Oct 2006.

1. Chuff_72

Chuff_72 What's a Dremel?

So I "Jumped In" and got myself a 360, about two weeks ago, very happy etc. However, my new toy is behaving suspiciously like my PC and crashing pretty much every day, atleast once a day! Bearing in mind I work full time so a "day" = about 4-5hrs game time. I am slightly concerned.

I'm hoping someone on here will ease my pain by saying a) Oblivion (the game that I am usually playing when it crashes) is well know for upsetting the console or b) don't worry this happens to everyone...

The console has crashed once during Prey, and that's it, Table Tennis seems fine, and Middle Earth also doesn't seem to cause a problem.

Hope I don't have to dig out my receipt...

2. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I just sent mine back to MS because it kept crashing. Took 3 working days to get a working console back. I didn't need a receipt.

3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Make sure it's well ventillated, not just the console but the power brick too. If it is, phone up MS.

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Do the Premium consoles still come with remotes?

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Nope, Premium ones don't have remotes (at least, mine doesn't). Nor has mine ever crashed (touch wood). The console is under the desk standing on its end (I use it as a footrest), psu on the carpet, both are away from the radiator and have sufficient space around them.

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

No, if you bought the premium bundle on release it came with a cut down version of the remote, seeing as the controllers are wireless anyway I'm not sure what the point is in having a remote.

7. Chuff_72

Chuff_72 What's a Dremel?

Cool, thanks alot, guess it's either a trudge down to Lewisham Gamestation (the dangerous option!) and demanding a swap, or sending it off to Microsoft. Is it wise to keep the hard drive so they don't forget to send my one back, therefore leaving me without my saves or shall I try and fit everything onto a mem card?

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I'd phone ahead and ask. They might insist on having everything just to see what the problem is, or they might just want the console back in its box on its own to save weight.

9. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

dont send the hard drive. the person on the phone will tell you not to send it anyway.

when i first sent mine off i got it back in 5 days from phoning them to it being back in my hand, still broken mind. second time it took about 10 days, but they did send me a brand new one with a hard drive on. which i sold for £50 so its not all bad news.

also, i have the bigger remote. i dont use it much but its easier when watching a dvd to use the remote than go through the on screen menu with the controller, same with music

10. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Hang on to your hard drive mate. Just test that it's not that causing the crashes by playing without it for a bit. It's not going to be that but I would check just to say I had.

When I sent my console back to MS it was just the actual console, nothing else.

11. atanum141

Anyone have any clue as to where might have a good deal on the 360 Premium? and 1/2 games?

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I feel left out having a perfectly working console! :|

13. orb

orb satisfying.

Mine works fine :)

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Game, 1 premium + extra wireless controller + PGR3 + the outfit for £300. Also the option of buying any 360 game for £20.

PGR3 and the outfit arn't the best games, but I think £300 is good just for a premium and wirelss controller alone.

Might try looking around on the intarweb to see if anywhere does the deal cheaper.

15. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Mine crashed/hung a couple of times on Oblivion too, and it hung once on Prey too. Never done it on any other games, and thats after marathon sessions on PGR3 and CoD2. I personally put them down to sloppy code as I've only experienced it on those two games.

16. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

If it's any consolation, when I play oblivion my 360 starts to sound like an 18-wheeler grinding through the gears. The other games work fine. I think Bethesda has a secret vendetta to kill off everyones 360.

17. atanum141

Found a Premium bundle with NintyNine Knights for £300....well tempted tho that PGR3 bundle is pretty much everywhere, I may wait will i get my Nov paycheque!! hurrah!

I just want the ability to play some good games on me 32" widescreen with decent picture quality and the option to turn on the console using the controller.

18. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

pgr3 is a great game. however the outfit is piss poor, and tbh so is ninety nine nights.

19. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Well I know that if you buy a Premium from Currys and use 2 codes it results to £251.99 with free delivery. No games though, not that PGR3 is expensive anyways.

20. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Mine used to crash while playing Oblivion, mainly during the loading screen. If I play UNO for extended amounts of time, then my 360 will crash and I'll eventually quit playing (it crashed 4 times in 30 minutes one day).

Tags: