1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Artifacts on youtube etc

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by wst, 25 Jan 2012.

1. wst

wst Minimodder

Basically, I get little purple artifacts on youtube, in localised areas (so they conform to the image that should be being displayed, only it's purple pixels. Eg. a video of a cliff would have purple up to the edge of the cliff and not in the sky, if the artifacts were there), where there shouldn't be purple.

Computer is running nice and cool (sub 45C even after the odd game, which it runs perfectly with no artifacts or problems :/).

Core i5-2500k
    Gigabyte Z68CP-UDP3P
    8GB Crucial Ballistix Ram
    XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB (and latest version of Catalyst).

Morphological AA is off (caused problems with Windows Live Messenger), any more details wanted?

2. rem337

rem337 What's a Dremel?

Is it only on Youtube itself? Any other sites or online videos showing them same problems?

If so I'd just check your flash player is fully updated etc, other than that unfortunatley I have no idea! :eyebrow:

3. Xye

Xye What's a Dremel?

Sounds like a driver issue, or something to do with the hardware acceleration for flash video's?

4. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

I've seen similar before and changing the quality of the video has fixed it, say from 360p to 480p. Haven't been able to pinpoint what is causing it though.

5. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

turn off hardware acceleration. If its not messing up you games then Its hard to believe your cards are crapping out, so i imagine its a quirky thing with driver and hardware acceleration. Dont really need hardware acceleration with a cpu like yours.

6. wst

wst Minimodder

Turned off all of the accelerations in the 'Video' tab in Catalyst. Seems to have worked, I'll keep an eye open though on a more extensive set of tests (more youtube) and get back if there are any more problems. Thanks!

7. wst

wst Minimodder

Bumping as the initial issue was solved and most of you will have moved on...

Check out this tearing. Very weird. It's not on every page but it's always roughly in the same place... :/

[​IMG]

Disappears on page re-rendering. Even occurs when typing in these boxes...

8. PhoenixTank

PhoenixTank From The Ashes

Video issues and now direct2d issues... Which version of catalyst are you running?

9. wst

wst Minimodder

Just checked for an update on Catalyst, was using 11.12, going to 12.1. Very odd, I only updated catalyst (well, installed it) on the 22nd, when I built the computer. I'll crack on with this update and edit this comment if it keeps being dodgy!

10. PhoenixTank

PhoenixTank From The Ashes

AMD's driver schedule has been a bit crazy lately.
    Another suggestion: see if these issues occur in IE, chrome and/or firefox too.

11. wst

wst Minimodder

Artifacts appearing on youtube, iplayer, windows desktop, flickr, occasionally in game as well. Youtube shows blocky artifacts and purple vertical line artifacts. The others show the purple vertical line type.

Raised a support ticket with XFX, may have to RMA it.