1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards asrock extreme3 970

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stem83, 2 Feb 2012.

1. Stem83

Stem83 Addicted to modding.

2. suragh

suragh Derp

Asrock are the cheap ASUS brand basically. If I were you, have a look at the MSI, Gigabyte and ASUS range for motherboards. They are cheap and much much better and more reliable than Asrock even if you are on a budget.

3. John Doe

John Doe User

AsRock isn't cheap ASUS anymore, they're seperated. And that specific board is a good one.

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Well-Known Member

5. Stem83

no i havent used them before but have known bout them for a while, i know asrock are a real budget board but thought id give this board a try, so when it gets here i will post bout it on here.

6. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Have either of you actually used ASrock boards? What about read reviews recently? They've upped the game a LOT. Ask around and you'll hear just as many horror stories about other brands and faulty models, go back many enough years and other brands had bad rep as well.

This really bothers me.

And no, I don't know about that particular board, is it a brand new model, because I can't seem to find any reviews, either?

EDIT: whoops, there's one German: http://translate.google.com/transla...012/asrock-970-extreme3-review.html/6&act=url

7. MrDomRocks

I am not quoting from my own experience, but from my cousins who built a gaming pc on a low budget many years ago. I have only been gaming on the pc since last September and in all honesty the ASUS Mobo has not let me down. I guess I will go by the brand that suits me price wise and the quality.

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

So a single sample from a budget build years ago? Yeah.. My point exactly :wallbash:

No willy waving here, but just for reference I alone currently have six motherboards from various brands in various uses and I've been following PC-hardware longer than I'd like to admit. I don't mean to be an arse, but this is the reason I get a bit upset for random bashing of brands that I've found decent.

9. MrDomRocks

I will keep that in mind in the future. Sorry dude.

Back on topic. :duh:

10. Zehetmayr

Zehetmayr Member

Don't have any experience with this particular board but bought an ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 recently on the back of some superb reviews and have been impressed so far. I had a couple of issues with my build which I originally thought to be the motherboard so used their support forums quite a bit, only to find the problem wasn't the motherboard at all... Anyway, at least it gave me chance to use their support forum which I found pretty good. Probably wouldn't have gone for an Asrock board before reading outstanding reviews due to other brands having longer standing reputations, but very much glad I did.

11. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I can't comment on that specific board, but I've built a few rigs for people with one of the Intel 1155 versions of the new 'Extreme' branded motherboards (the Z68 Extreme4) and it has worked perfectly and performed very well.

On top of the ASRock motherboards being as good if not better than a couple of other branded boards I've built machines with recently, I have to say their customer support team get a great big thumbs up from me for how quickly they've been answering my questions... they even sent out the odd little bits that I've asked for quickly without even questioning the request (things like an extra IO plate, driver discs, extra manuals and so on).

----

On the topic of Ginger6, they're perfectly fine as a company.
    Dunno about their customer service team or their RMA system as I've never had to talk to anyone or send anything back but they generally don't have any problems when it comes to delivery and I've never had anything arrive later than the date specified when ordering.

12. Stem83

good to hear bout delivery cos i got my motherboard and memory coming from there, supposed to be next day delivery but i have only had order taken and parts allocated notification so we will see if they come tomorrow.

Yeah i mean some of the older asrock boards i might have dodged but alot of their newer stuff seems great, i had someone build a machine with a £30 board from ECS i believe and they had no problems with it, guess it depends what you want to use it for.. Like i said i will post and let u know how she runs. liking the all black look tbh.