1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware ASRock Vision 3D 137B Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 7 Oct 2010.

1. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Nice looking PC - i think the pricing isn't too bad, when you compare it to what you would pay for a similarly specced laptop.

2. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Asrock, if you are reading this...

Give one to Craigbru so he can watercool that sucker!

3. SouperAndy

SouperAndy To Bumble or not to Bumble?

Sorry to jump in...

There are several ways to stream TV over your network, however, I think Burnout21 is referring to having the server recording the TV and then accessing the recorded media separately (sorry if I'm assuming incorrectly!) :)

Easiest way to get TV streaming over Ethernet is via a HDHomeRun device, which obviously incurs an additional cost. It can integrate into WMC and record, etc as normal.

Alternatively, you can use software called DVBLink that acts as a server / client and can be installed into WMC. It's also a commercial product so will cost you some moolah.

Mediaportal has a TV Server component that allows you to serve TV streams to other Mediaportal clients and is freeware. However, I don't *think* it can be integrated into WMC (happy to be proven wrong!).

Personally, I use a HDHomerun and TV Scheduler Pro on my server. This allows me to setup recordings from any client on my network (or over the internet, if you wish). I like being able to quickly logon and record a program via my netbook whilst slobbing on the sofa :D I've also configured the other half's to stream TV to WMC on her system.

Works flawlessly :p

Cheers,

SouperAndy :worried:

Last edited: 8 Oct 2010
  4. Xir

Xir Modder

:D

5. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Not really, for less money you can build a much quieter and more powerful mATX system if you don't mind having something the size of an early VCR. It also has the enormous advantage of being upgradable, in terms of storage and graphics if it were to be used for gaming also.

6. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

About not having a TV tuner. I picked up a USB TV tuner from Novatech* for about £15. It works out of the box with Media Center, and although it's a bit chunky, on a USB extension cable it would look like a bulge on the way to the antenna cable.

*(it's handy they have a store near bristol because it means I can save postage. It's bad because it leaves me more open to impulse buys like this)

7. Mark20040

Mark20040 What's a Dremel?

8. Rickay

Rickay What's a Dremel?

I don't see where one can actually buy this yet.

Must you install your own OS? If so...that's an additional cost.

Very interested in this!

Tags: Add Tags