1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice ASRock Z97 Extreme4 no power (slight fan spin thats all)

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by dynamis_dk, 12 Sep 2015.

1. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

edit - damn thing suddenly sprung to life now so I'm wondering if I had a loose cable or something :wallbash:

Last edited: 12 Sep 2015
  2. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Dave what PSU's specifically are they?

The reason I ask is some older variety PSU's don't play nicely with the Z87/Z97 boards (hands on experience at play here), I used the Extreme4 with an i5 4690K and a SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 650W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU without a hint of issue - It fired up first time every time.

With reference to the issue of powering up and powering down - My PC is left on at the PSU (flick switch I position) but when it powers down I switch it off at the wall socket also, again I've never had issue with this practice.

3. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

I would think this more likely ^^^

What you have after all is basically a new Motherboard (purchased by myself 14/08/15).

4. dynamis_dk

one is a generic PSPower I think but has been running the same CPU/RAM on a H81 board without issues. The one I'm using full time in the server where the board will live is a corsair CX600M. Seems to be ok with the Corsair now so I'm hoping fingers cross I just had something which needed a wiggle or something

5. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Generic PSU's are never ever a good idea mate you know that, especially with high end boards.

6. dynamis_dk

lol yeah I know pal, wasn't purchased by me :) Its just one I have around comes in handy for testing.

7. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Hmmmm lesson learned here (BIN IT!!) :thumb:

Jokes aside, you know where I am if there are any further issues :)

8. dynamis_dk

Cheers mate, hopefully won't have to take you up on the offer :)