1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Assassin's Creed 2 - price

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by line2008, 11 Mar 2010.

1. line2008

line2008 What is this "dremel" you speak of?

hey bit-tekkers, so whats the cheapest price anybody can find assassins creed 2 for in the UK?

thehut.com £22.93

coolshop.co.uk £22.77

that,s got delivery included as well, never heard off the retailers before and dont know whether to trust them

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Pretty much the cheapest I can find is £25 at ShopTo. They're very good, I've used them a few times for preorders and such. :)

3. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I've used TheHut.com a few times, bought the Ben10 dvd boxset from them for my Nephews birthday last week.

4. line2008

nice to know someone here has used the hut, if its the cheapest out there i'll probably end up buying it next week, the DRM is putting me off abit but i am just desperate to play the game :D loved the first

5. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I've used Coolshop before, certainly very cheap, however they sent me an un-unsubscribeable newsletter for a while... I think they've stopped that now.

They don't take my Solo card anymore though :(

Edit: And yes, Coolshop is a Danish company, but do have warehouses based in the UK, so it's not shipping across the channel or anything.
    http://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/minisite/about-us

Last edited: 13 Mar 2010
  6. line2008

thanks for the heads up pimonserry

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Used both before, both went fine.

AFAIK Coolshop is a Danish owned company but it's a UK based website and, amongst other things, The Hut Group own Zavvi and it provides online services for WHSmith, Lovefilm and some others, hence the similarity in their websites.

8. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

TheHut uses the same suppliers as the Zavvi and Woolworths websites. (actually I think they ARE the suppliers) so they're fine. However, I've ordered a couple CDs from them which were special eds in cardboard cases and they were sent packaged in jiffy bags. When they arrived here they were pretty damaged which was quite annoying. Something to bear in mind when ordering - just don't order stuff you know comes in card/paper cases!

Last edited: 13 Mar 2010
  9. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

10. line2008

thanks for the info guys, but it looks as if i wont be able to get the game for a month or two, internets being disconnected for a while and won't be able to play due to the crippling DRM.

this sure does suck big time....! :wallbash: