1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Assassin's Creed II

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ravenheart, 19 Nov 2009.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Yet more news! They've introduced Web Battles now where you can compare your game stats with others. An evil to ploy to make easily influenced folk like myself play the game even after getting all the achievements. *******s ;)

http://assassinscreed.com/webbattle

I'm on as HexyWoo, feel free to challenge me :)

2. Hex

I grabbed Battle for Forli this afternoon. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but it took forever to download. Stupid slow internets :(

Apparently there's about an hour's worth of game-play and no achievements which is a little disappointing, but meh, 320ms points isn't too bad for a little extra on a game I love.

3. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

The snaffu with the DLC pricing earlier made me lol - 99,999 ms points works out to about £900 (give or take) :lol:

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Just started getting into this. Amazing game so far. The quick run across the rooftops in the smallish town does my head in though. I had 1 left and ran out of time once.

5. Hex

Played most of the 1st DLC now and while it's good, it has that really annoying camera swivel thing going on like in the Assassin's Tombs. They really need to sort that. Twice I failed one part because I couldn't keep up with my allies as it wouldn't let me look or go where they were. Gah!

Such a shame there's no achievements for it too :( Though it could've been handy for the fly-swatter one if I'd have known we'd get a second chance (I got it by playing through again).

6. MacWalka

MacWalka What's a Dremel?

I just completed Assassin's Creed 2 last night. Wow, what a game. I still have to collect all the feathers, didn't really bother looking and will probably need a guide to get a good few of them.

I thought the end was pretty good though the final boss battle was a bit too easy compared to the final boss from the last game.

I've got 4 achievements still to get but thats my next task for it. I actually liked that you can change your colours of the armour.

7. Hex

If you've signed up for the U-Play thing and log into the website, for every achievement you get (the Ubi ones are different to the 360/ps3 ones) you get little rewards, some are feather maps :)

I completed the first DLC last night, I was putting it off cos I wanted to drag it out as long as possible, but it is only about an hour's gameplay. It was quite good fun and Brother O'Callahan provided some laughs. Sets up the Bonfire of the Vanities DLC nicely too.

8. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

still waiting to get the game back from my brother, he got stuck on one of the tombs (the one with the 4 timed sections) and needed me to go and complete that bit for him, so I think it'll be a while before I get it back.

9. Hex

I hated that bloody tomb. They were the only bits of the game I didn't like. I'm crap at the races too though. I don't think I'm any good at anything timed.

10. Hex

Bonfire of the Vanities DLC is out tomorrow! :)

They're also meant to be doing a DLC of BotV with the extra maps that were part of the black edition game. I think it's 560 ms points so I may just buy it.

11. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I'm nearly there. Got all the feathers the other night. Got one codex page to be decoded, subject 16 done, nearly all the treasure, two sequences of the main game left, a couple of courier missions to do, a few assassinations to complete and two tombs to do. One of the tombs, I think it's the Basilica in Venice - the one with the four floor pads, looks to be tricky - I can't seem to find the things that drop down. In comparison, one of the others with the timed poles to swing from was dead easy.

What a cracking game so far. Hex - what's the DLC like so far? Any good? Worth it? Did I read right where you get another crack at kicking guards with the flying machine because I missed that one?

12. Hex

Yeah the first DLC was pretty good, though it wasn't as polished as the full game and had some of the awkward camera weirdness that's present in the assasin's tombs.

There's a special memory in the first one where you can re-use the flying machine again and get the Fly-Swatter achievement which is good if you missed it the first time around.

It's only about an hour or so's worth of gameplay though, but for 320 points it's not a huge deal.

13. Mathmarauder

Mathmarauder What's a Dremel?

So how are the controls on consoles? I was planning on getting this for PC but after hearing about the new DRM scheme it will use there is no way I would every pay money for the PC version.

14. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

Some very bad news for those planning to buy AC 2 or Settlers VII. DRM scheme confirmed by CVG.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=235401

15. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

I hope none of you guys buy this game on PC.

It's sabotage against PC gaming as a whole, don't buy it.

I really hope it gets cracked and pirated the hell out off before it reaches the shop..

16. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

that is pretty ****ed.

17. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Pre-order has been cancelled.

18. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

19. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Just read about the DRM.. that's pretty f*cked up for them to do that..

I'd much rather have EA's DRM schemes than Ubisoft's.

20. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

that DRM is ridiculous, and the fact they've cancelled Dx11 for PC, no added features after such long delay. Ubisoft is really asking for hatred.