1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Assassins Creed: Revelations - problems anyone?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Draksis, 30 Dec 2011.

1. Draksis

Draksis New Member

So I bought assassins creed revelations for the holidays (Steam) and I've been trying to run the game, but it's just one problem after the other:

First the disclaimer ("This game is made by a multi religious team....") keeps looping. Left it for 3 minutes (timed): nothing. Being more savvy than the normal gamer, I dug around in the game's subfolders and found "videos", found the offending dot bik file and moved it.

Now that it skips the file, all I get is a a white screen with some background "hum", and I have to close the game with task manager.

Any ideas? I have tried installing RAD video tools (incase there was a codec missing), I've tried Nvidia driver version 275.33 and 285.62, changing my sound quality (5.1 and Stereo from 192000 down to 44100 and all in between) admin mode, comparability mode (various) verified the files through steam, run the game without steam
    :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

:sigh: All I'm saying is that I've tried all the known basics and still nothing. If there is anyone who knows of ANYTHING that might help, please post. I REALLY want to play this game

Thanks in advance!

2. tyepye

tyepye Active Member

I just ran my copy for the first time and had no problems what so ever getting it up and running. I'm on nVidia driver 280.26.

Perhaps uninstalling and redownloading might fix it?

3. Jaybles

Jaybles New Member

I recently installed from disk (I know, archaic right?) and it all worked fine. I would try the complete uninstall then reinstall as tyepye said and also do some googling.

4. Draksis

Draksis New Member

Well, out of the blue, Steam suddenly coughed up some sort of download. Being 1.4Gb big, it's not a patch, so I've got no idea why or where (as said before about the verifying). So maybe my initial download was not complete somehow, so here's hoping! :D

Thanks for the input though, if its not working after the download, I'll reinstall again, and see.

5. shykosmos

shykosmos New Member

a little help here...

please anyone i need help, i can't run my assasincreed relevation. i don't know why but when click the icon it doesn't appeared only my desktop. please help me...

Sorry for a bad language or grammar:confused::confused::confused::confused::worried::worried::sigh::sigh: