1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus a7n8x and corsair mem overclock help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by apl1970, 26 Feb 2005.

1. apl1970

apl1970 What's a Dremel?

I`ve got the Asus A7n8x Rev 2.0 motherboard, an Athlon 2800+ and some Corsair1GB TwinX pc3200LL matched memory and I`m trying to O/C it but am having great difficulty getting the fsb past 200mhz.
    I don`t have a problem with the processor, that`s running at the equivalent of a 3200+ (but I bet it`ll go higher ) but when I try to take the fsb over 200 (the `official` running speed) the pc refuses to boot at all.

I think it`s the memory because if I put the settings to 83% and put the fsb over 200 it still refuses to boot.

Any help is greatly accepted.

2. biff

biff What's a Dremel?

The first thing you should do is go get memtest86 and put the ram through it paces, it might turn something up. Also are you increasing your voltages as you go higher? This sound exactly like what happened to my with my NF7-S and my Kinston HyperX bh-5. I know you don't want to hear this but it turned out to be a rare incompatibility between the two. Anyway first things first... do the memtest thing.

3. dead_man

dead_man Confucious say: WTF???

when you set it to 83% your are putting a devider so your ram will still running at 166mhz but the CPU at 200mhz. by this your CPU is having problems coping with the OC. may be the motherboard. have you updated the bios? also check the asus site to see if theres an issue with the mobo/ram configuration

Last edited: 27 Feb 2005
  4. biff

biff What's a Dremel?

Hey ya... is that 5:6 or 6:5??

5. woodjamin

woodjamin What's a Dremel?

ive got basically the same setup and you cant really go to high with it. mine wouldnt post past 182

6. h4r7y

h4r7y What's a Dremel?

ive got some corsair xms3200LL and i cant get much past 200mhz, i think i got stopped at 210mhz, this was without touching the volts though.
    i dunno if this memory is overclocker friendly or what.

7. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Make sure your timing's are correct. My kingston valuram oc'd to 222Mhz without a problem when I steped up the voltage and relaxed a few of the timings a little bit.