1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus A8N-SLI Overclocking Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Darv, 18 Feb 2006.

1. Darv

Darv Bling!!

I've just upgraded my system to an Opteron 165 and an Asus A8N-SLI. I'm waiting for my new watercooling parts to turn up before I really try and clock it, but I'm having a problem.

Whenever I change the DRAM settings it changes the Jumper Free settings to standard, then when I change them it changes the DRAM settings to auto - usually ddr 266. Also setting the HTT Frequency doesn't make the slightest difference.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a setting I've missed. It does overclock, ATM my HTT is 288, but my RAM is 185. I did get it the RAM at 250 but that was from changing the DRAM settings to DDR500 but ti then changed the jumper free settings to standard and lowered the multiplier. :wallbash:

2. Darv

Darv Bling!!

I'm still not having any joy. I've updated to the latest bios but still can't find anyway of keeping both settings at manual.

Here's a screenshot of CPU-Z if it's any help.

[​IMG]

3. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Can you list the bios options please? You should have one called maxmem or something with values 166/200/233/250 etc. Set that to 200. Will force a 1:1 ratio.

Any chance you can clarifty your first post a little too, its hard to understand what you're doing and what the issue is :)

4. Darv

Darv Bling!!

When I go into the bios there are two sections. One called jumperfree which has cpu voltage, ram voltage, multiplier, fsb etc. Then there's the DRAM section which has maxmem, cas timings etc.

If I set the FSB in the jumperfree section to say 288, it then changes all the DRAM settings to auto. If I then change that back to 200, it will change all the cpu voltage, fsb back to auto.

I can't get either setting to stay how I set it when I change the other one.

I hope that's a bit easier to understand :worried:

/edit

Okay, now it works. I think I was setting the maxmem to high maybe. Anyway, I've set it to 333 and now the memory's at 235mhz. :D

Last edited: 19 Feb 2006