1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards ASUS F2A85-V Pro and A10 5800K AMD APU Official Overview

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Djayness, 30 Oct 2012.

1. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

ASUS F2A85-V Pro and A10 5800K AMD APU Official Overview

What do you get when you combine AMD's latest FM2 Socket, Radeon HD7000 Integrated Graphics and an ASUS employee who just can't stop finding excuses to play Battlefield 3 in his reviews?

Don't answer that. It's not so much the combination of hardware shown today but the potential future for AMD and their APU direction. Combining the CPU and GPU was a master stroke and to finally see it gel so well will be a relief for all. Gaming without a discrete graphics solution has long seemed impossible till now and it will be interesting to see where AMD take this from here.

The ASUS F2A85-V Pro is of course, one of our premium boards and the feature list is exhaustive to say the least. If you have any questions for me then leave a comment below and don't forget to like the video, it helps us get our name out!

Last edited: 31 Oct 2012
  2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Very nice. I'd like to see how it performs on some of the outdoor levels. Also, any sign of a cheap and cheerful ITX board? That's what these chips were made for! :thumb:

3. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

At the moment you're out of luck but who knows what we may release in the future :)

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

The 5800K is a interesting, if a little strange, chip. I love the power on tap, and its OCing potential, but its 100W TDP is too high for most people who want something with an inbuilt GPU for an HTPC. Proper gamers will still want a discrete GPU and most of the FM2 motherboards are either MATX or full ATX, so that rules out a nice cheap ITX LAN Rig too.

So who is the target audience? Consumers that want a MATX or bigger rig, that is capable of light gaming, but don't want a discrete GPU?

That's a pretty niche market. I can't help but think that the proper target audience should be casual gamers and ITX should be the default form factor.

Last edited: 31 Oct 2012