1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Asus GeForce GTX 980 Poseidon Platinum Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 9 Feb 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Nice card, nice long name too.

However, in my very humble opinion, if there has been one flagship GPU released over the years that doesn't need watercooling to get the best out of it, it's the 980.

3. barny2767

barny2767 What's a Dremel?

I got one and its great. Watercooling was easy and it dumps a lot less heat into the loop than my 280x, so the loudest thing in my PC is now the D5 pump that needs turning down but I cant get to the thing.

4. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

I picked up 2x 780 Poseidons and haven;t looked back. I really like that they can be tested PRIOR to putting them into the rig/water loop - it's a small thing, but having to test on air then fit the cooler then plum in then re-test is an absolute ba@ll ache you can do without.

Great concept - not looking to update my setup to these due to the 780 poseidons in SLI doing everything I want @ 2560x1600. Will revisit that when 4k+ resolutions become better serviced...

5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

:duh:Suffered brain failure, deleted.

6. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Any chance of a review of the EVGA version with the hydro copper for comparison? Is the hydro copper worth the £100 extra?

7. vajoiner

vajoiner What's a Dremel?

i bought 2 of these as soon as i could and glad i did. i've looked around and cannot find a dealer that has them. i think they'll be an easy sell for a good price when the Ti comes around.

Tags: Add Tags