1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Asus gtx 560 ti - capacitor squeak?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by OmightyOne, 3 Dec 2011.

1. OmightyOne

OmightyOne Minimodder

Hi all,
    Just bought myself a new 560 ti and have just recently noticed this loud squeak coming from the graphics card its self. I have recently decided to give folding ago and since then i have heard it. Can this be normal and doesn’t affect any think with the card? Scan said i could send it back for testing. But is it worth all the hassle?
    I have also noticed that an old gtx 260 and gtx 460 also squeak when near full load?
    Is it just me and my sensitive hearing or is there a serious problem?
    Any help would be great
    Thanks

Last edited: 3 Dec 2011
  2. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

During OC testing my 6950 I oc'd the nuts off it and it made some similar sounds. Although they scared me so I pulled back the OC.
    If your card is stock then I'd be wary. If one of your mates have a computer try it in that and see if you can replicate it, if some I'd possibly send it back to scan

3. OmightyOne

OmightyOne Minimodder

Yeah thats what im about to do now and test it in my brothers computer.

4. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

Any news?

5. K404

K404 It IS cold and it IS fast

Unlikely to be a serious problem. Might be a choke. Annoying....very much so. Deadly.... not normally :)

With a squealing GPU, it's possible to bench 3DM01 with your eyes closed and know exactly where the bench is at because the squeals change tone depending on the scene :D

6. OmightyOne

OmightyOne Minimodder

Hey all,
    Sorry for delay been working too much. I tested in a completely different set-up and still getting this quite irritating squeal. Oh well scan said they will test it so i might as well send it back. another thing was that the graphics driver kept crashing, even after re-installing it, and failing to display a image on start-up once, gone back to my old gtx 460 and having no problems now. Could be a faulty card, I don’t know? But it was fun to play bf3 on ultra for a week xD
    Thanks
    James