1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Asus Maximus Formula 2 sound

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by mrb_no1, 20 Dec 2008.

1. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

Good afternoon all,

i've had my formula for 2 days now, 95% sure that my oc on my q6600 is stable at 3.6ghz, will work some more on the memory when i have time. but my problem now is sound, the board seems to want to reject my x-fi fatal1ty card, which is poop for me as its mainly a gaming machine so i want the sound....luckily asus provide one with the board that has eax and cmss 3d so all is not lost, you'd be wrong as asus dont supply drivers for it, their site provide some x-fi utility but when the install is run, it tells me that there is no supprted hardware onboard, so i'm kinda left trauling forums for someone else who has had a similar problem, no joy as of yet but i have last place to check over at xs. So if anyone has a fix, driver link or is aware that this problem with sound can occur then please let me know.

oh and hd sound is turned on through the bios, not that i think that should make any difference.

thankyou in advance,

peace

fatman

2. triplex

triplex Modder

Asus does provide SoundMAX Audio Driver for your audio card

Last edited: 23 Dec 2008
  3. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

its irrelevant now, the card wouldnt install, so i turned off hd sound and put my pci creative back in. this can be closed

4. TheRecruit

TheRecruit What's a Dremel?

I'm having the same problem and was relieved for a second when I stumbled across this forum. I'm running Vista Ultimate 64 bit. When I was installing some games I got the message "No audio devices are installed." I had already installed all of the drivers that came with Maxumus II Formula. I double checked and there are no sound drivers on the dvd that came with the mobo. I can't find anything of use on forums, nor do I see any drivers for supremefx x-fi on Asus' website.

... right now I'm assuming it's a driver problem.