1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Asus Maximus II GENE iP45 with 2x Nvidia?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Synay, 4 Dec 2009.

1. Synay

Synay What's a Dremel?

I just bought a new motherboard, Asus Maximus II GENE iP45, for my project. I know it's Crossfire compatible, but if I don't link 2 GPUs in SLI and just leave them separate (in configuration: GTX 295 + GTS 250 for physx), that should work, right? Didn't buy GTX 295 yet and holding off from buying ATI cards, as I'm much into folding and as I'm aware ATi hasn't been yet optimised for folding@home. And in this set up I'll be able to fold on all GPUs too.

What do you think? Will it work?
    Thanks.

2. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

shouldn't have a problem running physx or folding@home without the sli bridge as far as Im aware. Your 295 also behaves as one card so its internal SLI won't have a problem either on a non SLI board. defo worth sticking to nvidia for folding.

3. Synay

Synay What's a Dremel?

Thanks. I think you're right.

4. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

5. Synay

Synay What's a Dremel?

Uhh, I just messed up my GPU during the instalation, a bit of carelessnes and one of the golden PCI connectors rubbed off and GTS 250 goes to the bin. Quite a shame, have to wait a week for the new one and be on my old rusty mobo :sigh: