1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus Maximus V Gene

Discussion in 'Asus UK' started by MrGav, 12 Sep 2014.

1. MrGav

MrGav What's a Dremel?

Upgrading my system and decided that while my motherboard needed replacing (P8P67 Pro B3 Rev 3 .1 was not happy in Windows 8.1) the CPU is still going strong (i5 2500K). So I've sold the mobo but trying to track down mATX/mITX Z77 motherboards is a nightmare!

Anybody know where I could pick one of these up? eBay only has a couple of very overpriced options in the $$$s.

2. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Your best bet is probably the MP on here, but you have a considerable number of posts to go before you gain access! Get (not spam) posting :thumb:

3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I know what you mean, you have my sympathy on this - I'm starting out to do the same, but only have a 1155 Pentium to run with, so could afford a CPU upgrade.
    I have a thread on the Hardware page asking about Z87 and Z97 as Z77 ITX boards are only £20 or so less to buy new and not a lot used that are accessible.

Someone else has asked on the Marketplace for Z77 ITX and had no replies.

I can only see Asrock Z77E ITX boards at £80-£90 on Ebay and elsewhere and am sure they have gone up over the last month...

Good luck, let me know how you get on

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Have a look on Amazon. There is still quite a lot on there and a few bargains to be had. been looking on there at a one for myself. So they are still about.