1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASUS' non-existent customer support

Discussion in 'ASUS' started by stotea, 16 Sep 2011.

1. stotea

stotea What's a Dremel?

My P8P67 Pro died on me a few weeks ago, so on 09/01/11 I submitted an RMA request via ASUS' website... except not really. See, unlike essentially every other hardware manufacturer in the world, one must first submit a general service request or whatever you want to call it. SEVEN DAYS LATER on 09/08/11 I receive an email from ASUS saying "Blah, blah, blah your product is eligible for the APS program (i.e., cross-ship RMA). Let us know if you would like to continue." I respond that I would like to continue that same day.

On 09/12/11 I see a thread at HardForum about ASUS' shitty phone support, so I post about my troubles there. An ASUS rep had posted in that thread, so I PM him about my issue. He supposedly sent an email to "the RMA guys" on 09/13/11.

It is now the late evening of 09/15/11 and I have received nothing new from ASUS. I have sent a total of four emails and two unanswered phone calls. TWO WHOLE WEEKS and I can't even get an RMA number, let alone a replacement product.

Is this all a big joke and I'm just some unlucky *******? Nope! ResellerRatings is full of very similar complaints. Even if ASUS were to suddenly wake up and do something crazy like send me a fully comped Maximus IV Extreme-Z, I will certainly avoid purchasing a single ASUS product ever again. This crap is completely inexcusable.

Anyone have any tips on how to resolve this issue?

2. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Buy a new board.
    I sent my p8p67 to Asus an it too 2-3months to get it back. And I did it through scan.
    After all that I didn't even get it fixed they sent me a new one :(

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Hey stotea. I'm very, very sorry for this, as it's clearly unacceptable, however even though there's not much I can do from here, I will definitely pass-on this complaint!

Best Regards,

Richard

Last edited by a moderator: 22 Sep 2011
  4. stotea

stotea What's a Dremel?

I may indeed end up doing that!

Thanks, Richard. Every little bit helps and is appreciated!

5. Skeese

Skeese What's a Dremel?

Check if the reseller will handle the RMA for you :)

6. Skeese

Skeese What's a Dremel?

This sort of puts me 50/50 when considering the CHV...

But I reckon, I will still buy it...

>.<

7. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

This is why I don't buy Asus products.

8. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Scan did it for me and the only difference it makes is that you have someone on the phone telling you they haven't got it yet :(

9. Si*

Si* What's a Dremel?

I think I'm of a similar opinion. There are people there who respond to messages etc but they are not helpful at all. Your lucky that you even got a sensible response from the RMA people. I'm going around in circles where Asus will not arrange an RMA and have told me to get the supplier to RMA it to Asus. The supplier refuses to RMA, even at my own cost! This has been going on for weeks and I'm no closer to a solution. The guys at Asus America are really helpful but the support from Taiwan is a joke :(

I've had to buy a replacement board but even then I've bought an ASrock board which is still Asustek with possibly the same RMA problems should it fail.

It certainly makes me think that it will be worthwhile paying a bit more and buying a Gigabyte. At least they have a UK RMA.

10. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

Is there any support by Asus in Europe, well for UK folk?

I've a few Asus items, all a couple of years old, the retailer stipulated 1 year with them, the rest via manufacturer, the more I look, it seems Asus don't deal with the individual anymore, it has to go through the retailer, what happens if a retailer doesn't want to know?

What about items where I don't have the receipt anymore but its still in warranty, well should be based on date it'd come out?

Thanks.

11. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Pretty much no computer manufacturer has direct support in Europe, if we talk about warranty. Majority of customers has to go through reseller. The only exception are laptops, those have service centers all over Europe (for example in my case it would be in Czech republic).

And you define warranty period based on what, if you don't have the receipt ?

12. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

All manufacturers and resellers have horror stories tied to them with RMAs and customer service. I must stress that it is all reletive. If you sell 10x the amount of products your likely to get 10x the amount of complaints which in turn makes the company look 10x worse than the one next to it.

I hope you get your issues resolved as a bad experience is usually all it takes to put the customer off for a considerable length of time.