1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Asus P5K3 Premium

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 24 Aug 2007.

1. Nature

Nature Minimodder

I agree with the verdict, but not these new forums... No avatar and no spooning means a bad relationship with you bit-tech... I miss the old you! Where will I ask bindi bad gi to change his avatar now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????

2. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

...you've got an avatar though? :confused:

3. xturmn8r

xturmn8r What's a Dremel?

If I were Asus, I'd have made the memory module removable (like a zif type implementation), this solves the two main problems that the authors had: zero upgradability, and easier replacement should the chips die. They would be mounted parallel to the board, so the cooler would still work. Which brings me to the next suggestion: offer it with waterblocks instead of the heatpipes for a bit more.

BAM! Asus would have a much better product.

4. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Nath, if that is your real name, I've an avatar but it sees little daylight and I've spent thousands of hours developing it through careful phsycological injections of subtle humor & hidden messages.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's a shame that I've just changed it then, isn't it :hip:

6. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

Hm. I will say that the cooler you chose to use for your test setup looks awesome with the copper on the board. What was that, a Zalman?

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

8. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

The concept would be sensible on a budget board aimed at the OEM market; it must shave a few seconds off assembly time and robots don't need paying. But many OEM systems are slated by the cognoscenti for their limited upgradeability, and the same applies to this board in spades. Bad decision, Asus! :rolleyes:

Tags: Add Tags