1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASUS P5N32E-SLI & Intel E8400

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DarkFear, 26 Feb 2008.

1. DarkFear

DarkFear What's a Dremel?

The title should hopefully give you an idea of where this is going :)

Anyway, I have an ASUS P5N32E-SLI motherboard and I have the opportunity to swap my current E6550 CPU for an E8400 CPU.

The only "bad" thing is that once I swapped the CPU, I can't swap it back should the E8400 not work in with my board.

I know the 680i chipset doesn't support 45nm quads, but apparently it supports the C2D CPU’s.

The ASUS website also says it is compatible (bios 1403), but I was doing the Google thing this morning to see if I can get confirmation on this, and there seems to be 680i boards that are compatible but don't want to work properly with the 45nm C2D's (I'll see if I can find the links again) so I'm not certain if it will work with my board.

CPU-Z sees my motherboard as a revision A2 board. Not sure if that makes a difference though.

Can anyone please confirm for me if the E8400 CPU does indeed work with the ASUS P5N32E-SLI motherboard?