1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling asus P6T Deluxe V2 water cooling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dazedandconfused, 28 Jul 2009.

1. dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused generic babble ->

Need help deciding what to do with a new pc build. I have bought the asus P6T deluxe v2 and was wondering how to cool it.

I'm currently watercooling my northbridge for my lga775 and use the danger den MPC universal block and was considering reusing it for the P6T deluxe. I have seen this done on a few forums by removing the top of the northbridge cooler (that comes as standard on the motherboard) and attaching my danger den block to this (therefore the water block draws heat away from the current cooling).

or would it be better (both cost and heat wise) to buy purpose built waterblocks for the P6T deluxe, if so what ones.

or is it best just to leave the stock cooling on and remove the danger den block from my loop?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

2. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

Hey,

It depends what you are looking to do with your system andif you have the spare budget to be honest.

If you are looking to get the best overclocks then it would be worth while looking at something like this

3. dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused generic babble ->

Well overclocking is always important which is why i bought an i7. I noticed that the p6t deluxe has a plate to guide airflow over the chipset. Obviously where i water cool there would be no airflow from the CPU HSF to provide this cooling. So i was just worried I might over heat the chipset with a high overclock.

Cheers for the link was the sort of block i was looking for, have to wait a while until i invest if the tempuratures are too high after an overclock