1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Asus P6TD Deluxe and Core i7 Overclocking

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 17 Dec 2009.

1. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

No it bloody well isn't.

They shipped the thing to you telling you it would get this CPU to 4GHz. They must reasonably have known this could not possibly be true. I don't think they need bit-tech to make their excuses for them.

2. widmod

widmod Minimodder

i was looking for a motherboard and seeking bit-tech for reviews shortly before the review was up. Then i found out that here is a new version of this nice asus board i love so much, so i think i'll order one today :rock:

3. Jenny_Y8S

Jenny_Y8S Guest

RE: "silly SAS controller that added a minute to boot time for no good reason"

My boot time is <30 seconds with Win7 and I'm using the SAS controller for two of my storage drives.

Does your +1min to boot only apply when botting off a SAS drive?

4. Jenny_Y8S

Jenny_Y8S Guest

LOL, just noticed my type. I would never recomend botting off anything to do with the SAS!

5. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

Yea I use the p6t7ws supercomputer which is basically the same board and it takes >1min to boot to SAS in raid 0. Most of the time is spent initializing the raid or something. (the part where it says spinning up disks) Are you saying that if I did not boot from the SAS it would be faster!? (assuming I still keep the raid 0)

6. FeRaL

FeRaL What's a Dremel?

Probably not. This is a common problem with motherboards that have an extra drive/raid controller chip that is in addition to what is provided by the chipset. Seems that during the boot this extra drvie/raid controller chip takes a while to go through its boot process if there are no drives connected to it. Seems to just keep searching for the drives for a pre set amount of time.

7. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

yeah, and the intel AHCI/RAID on my Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 motherboard spends a lot of time initializing and checking the attached HDDs. It's around 6 seconds every time after BIOS POST. Then another 2 seconds before I actually see the Windows boot logo.
    but what does that matter? It's not like you reboot your computer incessantly.
    Until they go all UEFI I don't see this initializing taking shorter time. Btw when is that?

8. Lehmann

Lehmann What's a Dremel?

Im new around here. but not as fare as overclocking goes. most everything i have read here was top notch and very informative. but this review using a 2nd rate cooling is just unprofessional. i dont know what the room temps are there or case used, airflow ect ect.
    in a room temp of say 24c with a high flowing case and a 120 rev c temps should never hit more than 60c. People read these articles and take them as absolute. Had this been done as a true overclocker would have done we might have very well seen the stable 4ghz mark. Mike

9. Makaveli

Makaveli What's a Dremel?

My 920 DO is at 3.6 at 1.2vcore and if I push it further will probably do 4Ghz at 1.25 or 1.3. This is on a P6T Deluxe V2 and a TRUE black editition + S-Flex 1900rpm single fan. HT is on and speedstep and all the power saving features still on I idle around 38c and max load has been 68c.

at the end of the day each cpu is different and there are no guarantees!

10. OWNED66

OWNED66 What's a Dremel?

vCore: 1.3825V on a D0

thats a bit high

"not all i7s are created equal"

11. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

I used your settings to attain the over clock and acheived it without any problems. I spent several hours gaming and saw temps reach 56c (water cooled on a 360 rad with some air cooling over the cpu zone) idle the temp falls to around 40c - 43c
    I down clocked to 3.8 later on and have kept it at that. I had tried using the lazy XMP setting but it just wasnt having it on Auto Settings, so I owe you a huge thanks.
    Now can you also write me a over clock for the 790i evga board and a Q6850 with 4 x 1gb of Balistic ....and I'll set that up with a stable overclock ...

12. Thanh55

Thanh55 What's a Dremel?

If I like to uprade my rig, this board is on my list for sure. Asus almost does what they say on the tin but my bad exp. with Asus board was a P5N32-SLI its so bad that I have to bin it after a week use :(

13. Tuthmose

Tuthmose Minimodder

Sorry for resurrecting the dead here. Got a question, as this board is a promising item on my short list:

Since it seems to be the same layout at the early P6T Deluxe V1 & V2, will it take chipset waterblocks designed for those models? Specifically, I'm wondering if the Bitspower blocks for the P6T Deluxe would fit. If anybody has any insight on this, I'd appreciate it.

-Tuthmose

14. DreadGod

DreadGod What's a Dremel?

HELLO

I've clocked mine to 4 ghz and its been running stable for a few months now.

cpu temp only goes to 41c
    motherboard goes to 37c after 12 hours of playing battlefield bc 2.
    These are the readings from the bios. when reading from case only reading 31c

I copied all the bios settings which I got off this site when the first bios settings were showed not the ones they saying now they different. It works great. I've been running it for few months now. If you need bios I running I'll put them on soon need to restart to get them, I'll post soon
    I do have it water cooled. Which I think you need. A must.

system
    asus p6t deluxe v2
    .6 gig ram
    80 gig ssd
    5850 ati graphics
    domino Advanced liguid cooler. set at medium
    Case,antec 900

Tags: Add Tags