1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards ASUS P8P67 Pro BIOS Issues???

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by greypilgers, 18 Jul 2011.

1. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

Hi there,

I have an early ASUS P8P67 Pro that WASN'T returned to get the SATA 3Gbps thing sorted (I didnt care as I dont use those ports).

Since new though the unit has an odd habit: Every time I unplug the unit from the mains, and then plug it in, turning it on it refuses to POST and the red memory led stays lit. I turn the PC off, turn it striahgt back on again, and it booted fine but when POSTing would say 'overclock failed' (I overclocked it to 4.5ghz using Bit-Tech's isntructions) and I needed to enter the overclock settings all over again.

I updated the BIOS to the latest version (non-beta) in March but this made no difference. I then updated it to the latest non-beta version (1704 I believe?) at the weekend and now the unit performs this strange quirk of behaviour every time i turn it on, whether the mains has been disconnected or not.

Has anyone else come across this, or does anyone have any ideas? It's really more of an annoyance than anything else but I would like to have a resolution of some kind, if anyone can help!

Cheers. Spec is included below:

Intel i5 2500K - overclocked to 4.5Ghz
    ASUS P8P67 Pro - BIOS flashed to 1704
    2x 2Gb DDR3 1600Mhz Corsair XMS3 memory (Slots 2 and 4)
    Thermaltake Frio
    Gigabyte GeForce 560Ti
    ASUS Xonar DX PCIe
    Rocket SATA6Gbps Expansion card
    3 Hard Drives
    7x 120mm Air Penetrators/Gentle Typhoons
    Windows 7 64bit

Thanks very much!