1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Asus PA246Q or Dell U2410

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dave99, 1 May 2011.

1. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

Ch1. v1. In the beginning Goodbytes created the Heavens and the Earth. Then, in the afternoon, after a light lunch he created IPS. He saw that it was good.

Ch1. v2. Get IPS.

My religion is in its early stages but you get the idea:D

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Ch2. v1. Dave the follower, gets a vision. He sees Pookeyhead open a monitor box.. but the box wasn't what he ordered... it was.... a TN panel. He turns it on without realizing it, and he got sick for several hundred of years, by the devil germs in every pixels.

3. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

A vision, a vision.:jawdrop: The TN devil. Teaelzibub. The destroyer of worlds, and pixels.

4. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

Ch2. v2. And the follower denied the the devil Teaelzibub saying unto him "your crappy TN panel will not tempt me from the path of IPS righteousness. Bitch!".:nono:

5. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

I have ordered a ZR24W from CCL. Well I say I have ordered it, I actually ordered two by mistake due to a problem with my online banking password:worried: Have e-mailed CCL and will call in the morning to confirm that I only want one. Let's hope they are as good as their reputation and I don't get the run around:grr:

6. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Truly the stuff of nightmares!

7. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

good choice! you will want to adjust it though as it comes (at least mine did) with the brightness through the roof so blacks were grey, have a look at the settings I put earlier in the thread and see how you go :)

8. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

Will do thanks for that.:thumb:

9. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

Just spoke to CCL, they have cancelled the extra monitor, phew.:thumb:

10. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Once you get it, let us know what you think... :)

11. GoodBytes

Yes, please do.
    It allows us to know more about the monitor, and make better recommendations.

12. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

Will do.:thumb:

13. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

I bought a dell u2711 last week, it arrived yesterday and I was gutted cos the nice unshiny finish (that kinda has a foggy tinge to it) had a small but noticable bubble right smack bang in the centre of the screen, like a bit of dust got stuck on while they were treating it. The end result is that when the monitor is on it looks like a little cluster of dead pixels. Ive decided to RMA it as for the price it should be perfect!

Other than that wow,. I had a 2408wfp previously and that was a nice monitor biut the IPS does not have the overly vibrant greens and reds that the 2408 had, Me likes!

14. GoodBytes

Of course it should be perfect. Never settle for less. manufacture errors do happen, and I think it's quiet high for LCD's... it's just manufactures (LG, in this case) closes their eyes on many faulty ones... you know the ones with dead pixels, and put some kind of stupid pixel policy, which makes Dell (and other OEM's) forced to follow. Oh you don't have 61 dead pixel all focused at the center for a 800x600 screen resolution panel... not covered!

It sucks when it happens. I try to find a minute problem and make it big, to get a reason to exchange with a new one. Well in your case Nikols, has a reason that doesn't need expending.

15. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I'm contemplating whether or not this thread should be renamed to "IPS Love-in with GoodBytes"... :D

16. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

I got rma approval from the vendor but to be fair to dell will their ultasharps, theyll swap one out uder warranty with minimum fuss.

17. blueviper11

blueviper11 What's a Dremel?

18. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

You had the same defect as Nikols? Where did you guys order from?

TSB

19. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Komplett.ie

They have a great deal on the U2711 monitors, €665 for a rev 6 which is about £560.

20. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

DISASTER! Got a call from CCL today today to say that "my" monitor had failed the monitor checking service due to a bright blue pixel and what would I like to do. I was a bit annoyed as they say on their site that if a monitor fails the checking service they will refund the checking service, unbox another and check again, but I was told that they don't carry stock and order these monitors when they receive orders for them. The upshot was that they could order me another but it would be a week before it arrived which is a real pain as I paid extra delivery charges to ensure delivery tomorrow before 10AM as I won't be here to receive the monitor for a couple of weeks. I have had to cancel the order. I hope they don't try and charge me for the monitor checking service as they can't fulfil their obligation. They seem like a straight bunch (unlike overclockers) so I think I'll be ok.

My problem now is that I am concerned about ordering this monitor at all for a couple of reasons. First, I have read of many people receiving the HP ZR24W with pixel problems (hence the reason I chose the monitor checking service) and this suggests to me that i may have problems in the future with the pixels on this screen, and HP have a multiple failed pixel policy from what I have read, so I couild be stuck with a crappy monitor while HP ride off into the sunset with my cash thumbing their nose at me. Also, as CCL order on a per order basis, what happens if the next one has a pixel defect? I have to wait ANOTHER week etc. And if they only order on a per order basis where did "my" one come from?

I do have to say that so far I have no problems with CCL as a business as they have kept me well informed and been very helpful throughout, so please don't take this as a rant about CCL.

Ordering a monitor has become the hardest part of this whole process of building my new PC. I almost want to give up but I need a monitor to go with my delicious GTX580 lightning.