1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Asus ROG Spatha Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 9 Sep 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

£135 for a mouse :D Get out of here!

3. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

While it lack the Knobbly Thumb Bit, the L/R buttons and wheel bear more than a passing resemblance to the old Elecom Scope Node.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Wow. Wow again.

Every expensive mouse I have had in the past five years has always broken in the same way, scroll wheel death. It's mostly to do with the fact that I read a lot of build logs so have to do mad scrolling. Due to this the scroll wheel always goes. Recently I decided to spend £8 on a stupid looking mouse and so far it has proven to me that this gaming crap is not made any better than an £8 mouse. So far it has lasted longer than my Steelseries WOW mouse that had a retail price of £120.

I've had a good look at the pics you've put up and I can already see that the mouse scroll wheel assembly inside is plastic and thus would probably die under my fingers.

Honestly, there is no buying quality these days. You can spend as much as you want to on this sort of stuff and it's no better than something costing a tenner.

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Id query the Mouse as a hardcore MMO tool in the first place. WoW is still the biggest MMO game, And how many mouse actions will you actually make in high end raiding or high end pvp? Close to 0 ?

I know when I played ( Last expansion ) my rogue for pvp and pve was full keyboard with the mouse just used for camera movements. Time it takes to click the ablities in endgame content will be the time it takes for you to die.

And if your paying this sort of cash your playing more than the basic game.

For the sake of argument my Logitech G502 has better button placement and more of them and is a third of the price. And is wired which is my book is a big + point for gaming tools.

What games was this tested in ?

6. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Totally taking the piss.
    No mouse unless made of gold is worth that.
    Snake Oil.

7. Taua

Taua What's a Dremel?

Finally a 2k Hz mouse, I'm tired of my prescience being wasted on computer games.

I admire quality, but this still looks distinctly consumer grade....£135....

Also for such a heavy mouse the slippy pads look anaemic...G602 does it right, big and on all 4 points.

Replacable switches are a great idea, and I still like their inclusion, as they are so often not so much a point of failure but of diminishing tactility as well, so replacing them is both very cheap as refreshes a mouse...however at this price, a false economy!

8. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I play MMOs a lot. When playing I use the mouse for moving and scrolling lists, everything else is on the keyboard and much better for it.

9. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Meanwhile in the real world.

10. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Let's just think about that again; £135 for a PLASTIC MOUSE!

11. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

12. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

The only stupid ones are anyone considering spending this much money on a mouse, however good it is.

Tags: Add Tags